1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyderabad Sojourn..Suggestions please..

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by onlymakarand, Nov 29, 2012.

1. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Hi Guys!!

I am planning a trip in mio bellissimo next month,around christmas.. starting from my town(Bhusawal,MH),the plan is as follows-

Day1 - Bhusawal- Gulbarga via Aurangabad>Beed>Tuljapur>slight detour to Akkalkot>Aland(KA)>Gulbarga.

Day2- Attend Function at Gulbarga

Day3- Gulbarga-Hyderabad via Humnabad

Day3-Visit Ramoji Film City

Day4-Hyd local sightseeing and Shopping

Day5-Hyderabad-Bhusawal via Nanded(visit Huzur Sahib Gurudwara)>Washim>Mehkar>Buldana>Malkapur>Bhusawal
    In all about 1600 kms..

I need few suggestions regarding Routes/road conditions and places to stay at hyderabad-

* Road condition between Tuljapur and Aland..I know that road upto Tuljapur(NH211) is well maintained, and that Akkalkot-Gangapur-Gulbarga road is in non existent state.

*Humnabad to Hyderabad road condition

*Hyderabad to Nanded via Nizamabad road condition..

*Nice budget hotel in Hyderabad with secure parking (under 2k per night)..

Thanks in advance!!:)
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Makarand,

i have done to tuljapur from my home town(Sangli) i.e Sangli-Sangola-Solapur-Tuljapur.
    From Tuljapur been to akkalkot which connects to NH-9 and from NH-9 at some point you need to take a right turn for akkalkot,when i been to akkalkot found roads was pretty narrow and few potholes but still with our machines we need to slow down.

if you are coming from this route and planning to go to Hyd then you will find 30 Kms of very bad stretch before HUmnabad with big potholes you need to slow down ,becareful here as everyone tries to escape the potholes and drive on the right lane as well,means keep an eye on pothole and the upcoming vehicle as well very keenly. ;)
    2 people like this.
  3. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Booked Expotel Hotel Hyderabad(near snow world) a 4* hotel at throwaway rates thanks to the date- 12 12 12!!:D
    Got a whopping discount of rs 1212/- per night per room from yatra.com!!
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hotel near Snow world means you would have to travel like 40Kms to reach Ramoji Film City.
    Snow World at Rs 400 per person for mere 30mins of time on snow with just 1 working slide, for which one needs to carry the board all the way top and a very mediocore dj setup and one small snout that drops snow for last 5 mins is not worth while.
    Leave early for Ramoji, like at 7am and reach there by 8-8:15, get the tickets at Rs 600 per person and start early to enjoy full day, as covering entire Ramoji film city in a day is slightly difficult. All the rides start in afternoon so visiting all the gardens early morning would be a good idea, also you get this bus services in side which takes for 30 mins ride across the Ramoji.

In filmy dunia opt for being hero/heroine if you want to be part of solay remake :) Majorly its for Heronie to play tanga wali, hero /male gets to spot boys job to make tanga (chariot) shake :p
    Outside food is not allowed, but water bottle is allowed. They have plenty of free filtered water cooler across, one can refil and enjoy fresh water. Food is also good not to costly, but is only available in center court, so if you are moving on to visit gardens, buy the food in advance. You might get chips etc near gardens.

If you are not taking your car to ramoji, then you can catch bus from Kotti womes college bus stand, bus no 205/206 goes direct to ramoji film city and is available regularly, ticket price Rs 16 adult and Rs 8 for kids in normal bus and Rs 19 in express for one way. Full day bus pass is available for Rs 50.
    4 people like this.
  5. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Thanks a lot viny!! one more query-- are VIP tickets for RFC worth it?
    Also,is it advisable to take ur car there or go by public transport?
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    If you are starting early, you can take the car and reach there in an hour or so. Traffic will be frustrating while returning after you enter the city (10 kms from RFC towards the city is all outskirts - part of NH7 and would be relatively traffic free) especially because you are new to the place and do not know when to take bylanes when traffic ahead is bad. Anyway, if you can manage in traffic, no big deal. Sundays are calmer traffic wise in Hyd.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Go for VIP tickets if you want someone to hold your hand and take you to all the places and pamper you :D
    Though its hot, but I dont think AC bus for internal tour is must, unless someone is born and brought up with silver spoon and AC and back :p
    A cap, small towel and good group makes it all the fun. Lines at few places would mean wait of 10 - 15 mins during peak.

You can take your car, they have ample parking space, also it would help you to cover other places in enroute while travelling back to hotel.
    Driving back at 6:30-7 in the evening could turn chaotic as there is mad rush on road :(
    1 person likes this.