1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyderabad -> Chirala

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by saroshmk, Aug 15, 2012.

1. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    I need route recommendations for a trip I'm planning from Hyderabad to Chirala this weekend.

The route i'm thinking of is NH9 East to Vijaywada, NH16 South bypassing Guntur, the state highway via Ponnur to Bapatla NH214a and then on to Chirala. This route is about 371 KM

The alternate is to use the state highways via Nalgonda, Narsaraopet, Chilakaluripet. This is shorter by 71 KMs per Google Maps.

I've got a 1 year infant on board so I'm not in a hurry and would prefer to do it at a leisurely pace. Any thoughts on which one would be a better route to take?
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please take Hyderabad --> Nagarjunasagar --> Macherla --> Piduguralla --> Guntur Busstand --> Take bypass and proceed towards Bapatla

I have taken this route in last summer. Roads are very good as u will reach N.Sagar with in 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
    After Macherla .. please be slightly cautious say.. for a stretch of 5-10 Kms.
    Happy Journey..
  3. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    you can also try the Sagar Road via macherla, piduguralla then to addanki/mederametla. At the NH junction take left. Couple of kms (2/3kms) take right turn i.e. when you drive down towards guntur. the road takes you to chirala directly.

you can also directly go from addanki avoiding mederametla taking a left after electric substation and before addanki catching the inkollu road.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

you can avoid reaching the Guntur bus stand. instead take a right at mirchi yard junction or Y junction, reach NH take left. drive till you find a HP bunk on the right side at the Junction. take right to reach chirala..
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hyderabad --> Nalgonda --> --> Piduguralla --> Narasaraopet ---> Chilakaluripet --> Chirala(from CH.pet 41 Kms Chirala) Roads are also good.
  5. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    Thank you Gentlemen! I had posted the question a bit too late so only saw the suggestions after i got back!! However, i had a fantastic trip and the drive was really good. I will do a short writeup on the experience soon...