1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hunt for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sathishgv, May 16, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you haven't made any claim with your FG Insurance for the first year, now you would be eligible for 20% NCB (No-Claim Bonus) even if you renew the insurance with any company.

Get quote from Tata-AIG as well.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Raj,

You are correct about the NCB%, it is 20% for the first year claim free. Reg the IDV, the % depreciation taken should be 10% of the present IDV if renewed before the expiry of the policy or 15% of the current exshowroom price.
    1 person likes this.
  3. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Ramjn, Ghodlur thanks for the details. I have the below quote so far:

Linea Emotion Diesel
    Car Mfg Year: 2013
    Registered On: Feb 2013
    IDV in Current Insurance: 904311

20% NCB applied on all below quotes

1) TATA AIG: Online Quote
    Vehicle IDV: 8,38,600.40
    Comprehensive Cover
    Add Ons: 2 Lakh Passenger cover, Loss of personal belonging for 10K, Emergency Transport for 10K, Key replacement 25K, Driver
    Total Premium: Rs. 19,860.00

I am unable to add 0% Depreciation or Bumper 2 Bumper cover through Online

2)
    TATA AIG: Agent Quote
    Vehicle IDV: 8,33,00.40
    Comprehensive Cover
    Add on:
    Loss of personal belonging for 10K, Emergency Transport for 10K, Key replacement 25K
    Bumper 2 Bumper Add on
    Total: Rs. 24,555 (Split: 20,434 for comprehensive and 4121 for B2B)

3) Bharati AXA
    Vehicle IDV: 813880
    Comprehensive Cover
    Bumper 2 Bumper Cover
    Total: Rs. 20479 (Split: 14626 for comprehensive and 5853 for B2B)

4)
    Bajaj Allianz Online Quote
    Vehicle IDV: 768964
    Comprehensive with 2L Passenger cover
    Total: 12460

I am unable to get quote for Bumper 2 Bumper in online

Pls. suggest.

Thanks,
    Raj

4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Fill up your details in any of the Insurer's official website and they will call you with-in no time. You can get a quote from them and will clarify all your doubts if any. They will also assist you to fill up the form and purchase the policy online.
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    @rajks , any reasons you don't want to continue with FG ? Did they provide a quote ?

I've been renewing with FG every year as their quotes are far better than others.
    1 person likes this.
  6. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Kiran, I got the call from Tata AIG but it was an agent who gave the quote (2) which was higher than the online price. I will make an entry again and will check for calls.

@sdp1975, thanks for the inputs, the reason I wasn't keen with FG was because of a bad experience by one of our fellow TFIan.
    1 person likes this.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its time for 2nd insurance renewal for my Fiat Punto emotion 2012.
    Quote from Royal Sundaram for Zero Dep is Rs.15400 IDV 5,60,00
    Tat Aig and Bajaj are quoting in excess of Rs.17K......
    My existing insurance is with tata aig and i am eligible for 25%NCB
    Should i go with RS
  8. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks to the everyone here.

I negotiated with Tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz Websales and bought Bajaj Allianz (Online) which gave me the best quote:

IDV: 821000
    Comprehensice, Passenger cover 2Lx5, LL to Person for operation/Maintenance
    24x7 Spot Assistance
    Depreciation Shield (Bumper to Bumper)
    Engine Protector
    --------------------------------------
    Total: 20553
    The IDV which I got is Previous Insurance IDV - 9.2%
    --------------------------------------

Mine is 2013 Linea Emotion which is the top end, but the sales rep. had to choose the model as Linea Emotion(Pack) because as per their system Emotion(Pack) is the top end, however Fiat rechristened Emotion(Pack) as Emotion. I asked them to choose Emtion, but in that case he said the IDV will be only around 7.68L and he do not have an option in his system to increase it. Hence, the policy was issued with the model name as Emotion(Pack) and he assured that there will not be any issues because of it.

Logically I think this should be fine because per fiat the top end is Emotion and the same is represented as Emotion(Pack), should I be worried about this?
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Are the quotes with zero dep add on. If not suggest you opt for the same. RS is an old player in Motor Insurance and I myself have been a satisfied customer. Just ensure that RS has a cashless tie up with the Fiat workshop where you normally service the car and also use the correct IDV based on the depreciation chart.

Raj,
    Does Bajaj have a cashless tie up with Fiat workshop? Normally the Insurer's database of the vehicle models/variants arent updated rigourously as they are changed. Hence this difference in the models variants. This impacts the IDV being calculated during the Insurance buying
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The quotes are with zero dep. and IDV after 20% dep. is 5,64,000 RS is the only one providing this IDV others are giving low IDV with high premium.....