1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hunt for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sathishgv, May 16, 2013.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Yesterday, I renewed my Linea T-jet insurance from Tata AIG, at 6.25L IDV, 0% dep, cashless, Pearl plan (Loss of personal belongings + Emergency transport & hotel expenses + key replacement) for INR 16,422/-. This was the least quote I got among Fut Gen, Brt-AXA, Ifco-Tokio & Oriental ins.
    They reduced 10% on IDV, gave 20% NCB and 35% additional discount.
    One of my relative is a senior automobile surveyor & he suggested me to go for this. With TATA AIG, only demerit is they give you 1st two claims on a 0% dep in a year, if you claim for 3rd time in a policy year then 3rd claim will be settled as normal plan. I hope I won't need a single claim this year also.:p
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    This feature is same across all insurance companies. all of them give only two zero dep claims in a cycle. we can choose which claim we want as zero dep. not necessarily first two claims
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some insurance companies have started to provide RSA coverage too. But, I don't know how effective it is.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, got a quote from Bajaj Allianz as well. Its @12,200 for 6L IDV, BtoB insurance.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Quick response there from Bajaj Alliance Nitesh i called him over his mobile completed my punto insurance renewal with 10233/- for 5.47L IDV + 24/7 road side assistance + Key & Lock Replacement Cover + 0 Valuntary deductible + Addl cover for passengers = Comp package policy
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    the catch with RSA provided by bajaj allianz is that its available only within a radius of 50 kms from the policy holders base location. Same criteria applies to re-imbursing hotel accomodation if the vehicle becomes immobile. not many would require a hotel accomodation if they are within 50 kms of their home location.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Anoop, I am not talking about the return to invoice pirce add on in which case what you are saying is true. When i got quotes from difference companies (as you can see at the thread starting) the IDV's quoted were different and they were quoted based on the depreciation calculation according to the age of the vehicle. So, i was talking of higher IDV's (after depreciation) and also lower premium when compared to other companies IDV's vis-a-vis Premium.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yeah - That is what i was also trying to day - At the event of a total loss, it don’t not really matter if you have taken the policy which have given you better IDV than the competition because during the settlement, the company will do a market survey and will give you the market value or IDV, whichever is lesser.
    So, in my opinion, there is no major merit for going behind a policy which gives you higher IDV, at the cost of a higher premium. On the other hand, it is not good to look for reducing the IDV a lot to save premium also. We should find the right balance between the IDV and Premium.
  9. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    I got a quote from future generali for the 0 depreciation with consumables plan. They are charging 19600 for IDV 595000. Is this ok? First time they told it will be 21000 but after bargaining they come down to above amount
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Hi Surya,

Kindly call this number 020-41016845 and ask for Rahul. I have talked to him about you.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013