1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hunt for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sathishgv, May 16, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey surya,

Have you compared with other providers also?. Did you find that this quotation is the minimum?
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Other players :

Royal sundaram:
    IDV value is:515680
    Premium : 10973

Add on riders = 14989

Policy bazaar:
    polcy2.png polcy-1.png
  3. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Over last week I contacted all mazor insurance companies and asked for the quote.
    Company Price for Normal Insurance Price For 0 dep
    Bharati Axa 16000 21000
    Bjajz Alianz 16000 21000
    Future Generali 16000 NA
    ICICI Lombard 18000 NA
    Policy Bazar (Bharati Axa) 14000 17000

I got confused with one thing policy bazar is giving the same policy from bharati axa with almost 2000 less, why?
    ICICI guys told me that there are policy sold in the market in which they will give discounts but at the end of the day there will be problem.

Please help me to choose from these policies, I am intrested in bharati axa 0 dep with 17000.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, its insurance renewal time for my Punto as well. Its second year insurance and have received following quotes -

a) Future Generali : 6.6L IDV, @18 k for Zero dep
    b) SBI : 6L IDV, @16k for Zero dep
    c) Tata AIG: 6L IDV, @ 18.5k for Zero dep
    d) Bajaj Allianz : Quote awaited

Whats your take on SBI insurance?
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    bkpabi, I think we should decide on the insurance company taking into the fact what is the IDV quoted?, as in case of Total loss/ Constructive Total loss its the amount that is going to matter and not the premium or the 0 dep. In my opinion, go for a voluntary deductible which will save you some premium and in case there is no claim (which is the case everyone wants) you will save the voluntary deductible and also the lesser premium amount. I took the zero dep policy from ICICI last year and there was no claim :evilsmileso whatever premium i paid extra goes into insurance companies profit.

Punto_emotion, when i was searching for insurance renewal i came across some very good review about SBI insurance. Actually its a collaboration between SBI and Insurance Australia Group. They are a new entrant into the insurance sector and they are aggressive to eat into a big market chunk by offering so many services. But since they are new not sure about their network may be they can service well in cities.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, i just came across the same situation a week ago. My linea was insured with HDFC Ergo. During renewal with 20 no claim bonus, the premium came to 14700 for an IDV of 585000. check the online quote in bajaj allianz and the premium came to 12800 for an IDV of 676000 with no voluntary deductibles. Just as i was about to select it, i got a call from Bajaj Allianz customer care and an agent got all the details and send me a quote for 11974 for an IDV of 675000. So chose it. But forgot to add a coverage for co passenger. But yes, as stated above, it comes with key lock replacement for 15000.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yes GP_freak exactly the same that happened with me. In fact Bajaj Allianz were the only insurance provider company that were quick to respond to my online query. Out of the nearly 7 or 8 online queries they were the only guys to reply with a call quickly. They scored high there and it was a major influence for me to get insurance from them as i thought they are serious than other guys. Apart from that Policy bazaar guy was also constantly in touch but the direct call from the Bajaj Allianz head office bowled out every other offer.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

+1. BA guys do give good service. I also switched over to BA from this year.

@Satish: I am not really sure about you getting full IDV in case of a write off. i think insurance companies have a clause where in case of total loss \ write off, 'they pay you the IDV or current market value, whichever is less'. So, IMHO, there is no point in going for really high IDVs - it is better to align the IDV with market value, or 10%~15% depreciation over previous year's IDV.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    For me still its not done with the renewal Bajaj Alliance i wrote them a mail to Pooja Gupta/Head Office Pune/DM/General they replied with a Quote but after that no replies for my queries or calls no body is picking up the call. I got the quote checked through my uncle he analyzed and told lot of things are missing and voluntary deductible is vouched to get to that lower premium figure at higher IDV it fine to have without any claims with such insurance.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@surya: hm.. that is strange. I will also try to find out the guy's number for you.