1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hunt for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sathishgv, May 16, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The additional discount are offered for new buyers generally, for RS the additional discount is included in their quote (as told by RS chap) normally. Dont know for SBI.
  2. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am planning to go with RS as they have unlimited claim in Zero Dep Policy. Claim Settlement is also hazel free. Not sure about SBI. IMHO SBI is tough nut to crack while coming to claim settlement.
  3. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    Finally i was able to get additional discount when I dealt with local SBI guy. Surprising that those who want to buy online are deprived of this so called "additional" discount.

Even SBI has unlimited zero-dep claims. Moreover, it also has tie up with Fiat Service center in pune.
  4. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    Finally renewed the insurance with New India Assurance (or Insurance?)
    IDV: 4.94 L
    Premium: 12041/- (Comprehensive + Zero Dep)

(I'd strongly suggest fellow members to first check with your fiat dealers. They have hefty discounts (upto 50% in addition to the NCB) which I never saw while checking out online quotes. )
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Its Assurance :D.

Thanks for the info ; will keep in mind.
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Hello friends,

Got the insurance renewal reminder call from CAI yesterday for which they quoted rs.17222 from Future Generali (the current one too).
    Since Royal Sundaram is the most desired by Tfians ,I checked them online for the quote and today called me and quoted two plans.

Insured Declared Value :-7,77,600.

1) For Standard Basic Package Policy (Without Zero Depreciation Cover) :15,618.
    2) Depreciation Waiver(Zero Dep) premium:- 21,295

Please suggest me the right one to go for and whether it is reasonable.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I suggest to buy from Royal Sundram, without Zero Depreciation Cover. 6K looks too much for this cover.
    bharath likes this.
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I got the premium for 19k odd last Feb 2014. 21k looks a bit too much. Has there been an increase in the premium again?

Try negotiating the price
    bharath likes this.
  9. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Ravi and Krish.I am eager for zero depreciation but the quote seemed a bit high to me.I would recheck and try to negotiate or else move with the basic package.Is the renewal done by the dealer from Future Generali is without zero depreciation? I guess so.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @bharath, do check on policy bazaar once atleast. They do ask too many details and website has small glitch, but I found the details and quotes quite competitive. You could use various permutations for getting the best cover for your car as per your driving style, conditions and IDV variations.
    bharath likes this.