1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hunt for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sathishgv, May 16, 2013.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SBI seems to be a good deal. Also they service is at par with all the other private insurance companies. I would suggest you to opt for zero depn insurance and avail complete peace of mind. Premium would be around 3k more but worth the spend.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Swami,

It would be better if you could provide the breakup of the premium from different Insurance co like the OD premium, TPL, add ons if any & final premium, it will help in suggesting better. I hope the above shortlisted Insurance co do have a cashless tie up with Fiat workshop you mentioned.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    From the list, it looks like you have not opted for Add ons like Zero dep, etc.?
  4. Swaminathan Gopalan

Swaminathan Gopalan Timido

Coimbatore
    @ghodlur & @zenwalker, Please see below for the quote breakup I got provided by each of the insurance provider

Quote.jpg

All with the below liabilities

* Third Party Liability Cover for Third Party Injury and Death is unlimited. The limit for Third Party Property Damage is Rs.750000
    * Unnamed Personal Accident Cover for 5 passengers each 1 Lakh Rs for the premium
    * Personal Accident Cover for Owner cum Driver is Rs. 1 lakh

Bajaj allianz without NIL depreciation(also without free road side assistance) is coming around 12250
    Royal Sundaram without NIL depreciation is coming around 14800(with 24x7 road side assistance)
    SBI without NIL depreciation(also without free road side assistance) is coming around 12000

From few of my friends comments, SBI is said to have claim facility quite bitter as getting approval seems to be time consuming. So, i am dropping of SBI

Team, can you please suggest which one among Bajaj Allianz & Royal Sundaram is best one to choose & that has hassle free claiming process.

SBI.jpg
  5. Swaminathan Gopalan

Coimbatore
    Car Insurance with hassle free claim process(Quote breakup)

@ghodlur & @zenwalker, Please see below for the quote breakup I got provided by each of the insurance provider

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
    <tbody>
    [TD="align: center"]Company[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]IDV[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]NCB[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]Addl Discount[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]NIL Depreciation[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]3rd party liability[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]Road Side assistance[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]Total Premium[/TD]

SBI
    25%
    15%

Bajaj Allianz
    25%
    40%
    included with NIL depreciation

Royal Sundaram
    25%
    -
    5000+
    included in package(both in normal & NIL depreciation package)
    ~21000
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

All with the below liabilities

* Third Party Liability Cover for Third Party Injury and Death is unlimited. The limit for Third Party Property Damage is Rs.750000
    * Unnamed Personal Accident Cover for 5 passengers each 1 Lakh Rs for the premium
    * Personal Accident Cover for Owner cum Driver is Rs. 1 lakh

Bajaj allianz without NIL depreciation(also without free road side assistance) is coming around 12250
    Royal Sundaram without NIL depreciation is coming around 14800(with 24x7 road side assistance)
    SBI without NIL depreciation(also without free road side assistance) is coming around 12000

From few of my friends comments, SBI is said to have claim facility quite bitter as getting approval seems to be time consuming. So, i am dropping of SBI

Team, can you please suggest which one among Bajaj Allianz & Royal Sundaram is best one to choose & that has hassle free claiming process.
  6. vehicle insurance

What are the premium rates of vehicle insurance?

Mod's Note: Please us the search option and post in relevant thread.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Depends upon various things, like Date of purchase, type of coverage, NCB's etc etc.
    Kindly share more details to help you.
    Alternately there are website like policybazaar.com which can give you quotes based on your requirements.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Swami,

Royal Sundaram charging 5K for the Zero dep is on the higher side, ideally the add on costs Rs 3.9K. Also whats the OD premium being quoted by RS? For more details of my Insurance with RS please refer to the link below:

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3...grande-punto-mjd-emotion-7.html#post841905761

Between Rs and BA, I would suggest to opt for RS purely on the fact that their customer service is one the best. Just ensure that they do have a cashless tie up with the Fiat workshop you normally frequent.

BTW are the quotes you mentioned all online quotes?
  9. Swaminathan Gopalan

Coimbatore
    @ghodlur :- Finally i renewed my insurance on Saturday with Royal Sundaram as it seems to have hassle free service. Below are my policy breakup

IDV: 765600 OD premium: 15962
    NCB discount(25%): 3990
    Zero dep add on: NIL
    Windshield add on: NIL
    Total OD: 11972
    Third party Liabaility: 1332
    Total premium: 14872
    PA cover for driver/owner: 100
    PA cover for unnamed passengers: 250
    Taxes: 1687
    Net Premium: 15341

I did not opt for Zero depreciation as it further increases my premium up by ~5000. I heard from RS support guy that we can opt for depreciation waiver till 5 years(rather than 3 yrs as with other companies). So will try to opt for it next year.

Thanks for your suggestion & help.
  10. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all, i got following Quote. From 2012 I am with future general and no claims so far. Last year I changed It to bumper to bumper with IDV as 600000 and zero depreciation. I asked FG now to keep IDV same as last year and seems premium amount is "Rs. 17,128" which is same as last year (NCB is 25%). Please review attached quote and let me know your input on this. mine is expiring on 29th June 2014. View attachment Quote1.pdf