1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hunt for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sathishgv, May 16, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As correctly mentioned by pv_krish, the discount is only for those who later on add an anti-theft device in their car or in fact any other accessories as applicable for a discount. This does not include the accessories that were factory fitted at the time of buying the car. Moreover, these devices has to be approved by ARAI, pune and installation to be approved by AAI.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Satish,

I slightly disagree with you here. Any anti theft device installed in the car factory fitted or post delivery is eligible for the discount. I distinctly remember the Immobilizer in my earlier Fiesta did qualify as an anti theft device and had recd the said discount. Even the immobilizer in the Fiat Punto does qualify on the same merits. Hence eligible for the discount. I dont have any documentation on the same but believe that Punto definitely qualifies for having an anti theft device.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was not offered discount the previous year stating the reason i have mentioned earlier. I too searched for the document but could not find. Lets try to find it out.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

Time has come for me to join the club here :wink:

So on that, i have been hunting for various quotes and below are the ones:

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 217"]
    <tbody>
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Bharati Axa[/TD]

IDV
    [TD="align: right"]615000[/TD]

Zerp Dep n RSA
    [TD="align: right"]1482[/TD]

Premium Total
    [TD="align: right"]18944[/TD]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 500"]
    <tbody>
    [TD="colspan: 4"]Bajaj Allianze[/TD]

IDV
    [TD="align: right"]576200[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"] 615000[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"] 600000[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]600000[/TD]

Zero Dep n RSA n Engine protector
    [TD="colspan: 4"] 5509[/TD]

Total Prem
    [TD="align: right"]18204[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]19291[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]18872[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]17978[/TD]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 217"]
    <tbody>
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Royal Sundaram[/TD]

IDV

Zero Dep:
    [TD="align: right"]3983[/TD]

Total Prem
    [TD="align: right"]17794[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]N times claim in a year[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]Free RSA[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]Vecto Motors tie up[/TD]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 219"]
    <tbody>
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Future Generali[/TD]

IDV
    [TD="align: right"]681590[/TD]

Zero Dep
    [TD="align: right"]3203[/TD]

Total
    [TD="align: right"]17895[/TD]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

So guys, based on the above quotes, RS looks more viable in terms of N times claim but IDV is less compared to FG and both differs just ~100 INR.

Your suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
    Zen :smile:
  5. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    I got a renewal quote for my 1 year old 90 HP from FG as follows:

IDV : 601,350

OD: 9,978
    Basic TP: 1,607
    Zero Dep: 2,827
    Service Tax: 1,782
    Total: 16,194

Zero dep includes Nil Depreciation + Loss Of Key + Loss of personal Belonging.

Trying other quotes ... but this seems to be cheapest. Guys ... Is this fine?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The add on known as Plan 1 from FG in my opinion is not that useful. You actually are paying for zero dep option only coz other options in the add on arent useful. The loss of Keys option has so many limitations major ones are the customer will bear 10% of the costs involved, you have to wait for 3 days after the key loss to lodge a claim (Ridiculous), damage to keys not covered etc. Hence I found the complete add on package a waste of money.

You will be better off if you try other Insurers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Agreed with Godlur. Only the Zero Dep is quite useful. Loss of personal belonging, at max one wud loose mobiles in most cases. Apart from that i do not see what else.
    Loss of Key again may not look as easy as its written there. There could be some clauses for that too.

If you look at most cases (from owners) max they would do is claim on actual damage and not on these belongings or key loss. So FG just not giving customers enough features.

Please try others from policybazaar.
  8. dharibaba

dharibaba

Gurgaon
    Thanks ghodlur and zenwalker.

I did spoke to a Policy Bazaar. The best quote I am getting is from Bharti AXA. Tata AIG is around 2500 more than BA / FG.

Zero Dep with RSA is 16,133 for IDV of 601,000 which is nearly same as the quote of FG (16,194).

BA .. first 2 claims with zero dep and rest are normal.

Who has better claim settlement record.

I also asked for consumables and engine protector which will increase the insurance amount by 1000 Rs each.

I spoke to Kashyap regarding the cashless settlement with Fiat. I was told that FG, Tata AIG, Bharti AXA, HDFC and L&T are listed with them.

Now confused. Which options and should I go with BA or FG.

9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hopefully my decision process will help you to take u r own:

As already listed above the values, even i was tempted to go for FG at first. But as godlur said above, their plan 1 sucks compared to others.
    So my next option was with Axa but their premium was high. Already FIAT is giving RSA free, so why take it again which is added as an Add on along with Zero Dep, but their track record seems to be good. So was ready to compromise on Axa.
    But then saw godlurs and other guys posts here and i came across RS. So checked with them. I did not get most of these guys quotes from Policybazaar for some reason.
    So contacted them personally (website visit) and i kept getting bunch of calls for 2-3 days giving me quotes listed above.
    RS again has good track record, gave me good features like unlimited claims in year, etc. Plus for higher IDV they quoted me a good premium which i did not get from others not even FG and Vecto guys r tied up with RS too. So i went with RS.

Now decide your path ;)
  10. Swaminathan Gopalan

Swaminathan Gopalan Timido

Coimbatore
    Car Insurance with hassle free claim process

Hi Team

My insurance is expiring this month & i am looking into renew the same.I am looking for hassle free process in case of any claim.My current insurance is with Bajaj Allianz. I have got a decent quote from the below insurance providers & I am confused among which one has the hassle free claiming process(specifically with CAI Coimbatore)

Please provide your suggestions

Below are the quotes

1) SBI Insurance :-
    Comprehensive
    IDV : 6.5Lacs
    PA - 2Lacs,
    Unnamed passenger cover : 1Lac
    Premium ~ 12000

2) Bajaj Allianz :-
    Comprehensive
    IDV : 6.25Lacs
    PA - 2Lacs,