1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hunt for insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sathishgv, May 16, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats what I thought you meant, but the words confused me. Thanks.

Insurance experts,

I checked with Royal Sundaram website for their online quote for the Punto insurance renewal and surprisingly found it to be lot cheaper than Future Generali even after taking the zero dep and windshield dep add ons. I have asked Balaji Fiat Thane to confirm if they have a cashless tie up with RS coz the RS rep swore that they do have (their website for cashless garage list talks about a Balaji Cars in Thane rather than Balaji Fiat under Fiat option). What is the cons of going for a Insurance co which doesnt have a cashless tie up esp with a Fiat workshop? Will it give me headaches later in case of a claim.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur, Is that i am seeing a contrast in your thoughts based on the above sentences marked bold? You take Zero dep so that you want peace of mind during a claim and on the other hand you are thinking of going with a insurance company which does not offer cashless claim facility in that case you would be paying the entire repair cost and have to settle with whatever the insurance company pays you later. To me it seems to be a bad option. But having said that you never know, you might not need to make a claim and you can enjoy what ever you saved to be spent somewhere else..... Confirm with balaji Fiat directly. Regarding IDV, the Insurance provider always has a range I don't know how and they quote the lesser value to give you a lesser premium and I don't think 20k difference is something to worry about.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    No Satish, no contrast in thoughts. I spoke of two different things. Zero dep is an add on in the Insurance policy and I strongly feel that one must take it in the early years of onwership. Cashless tie up is to not pay the repair cost in cash rather let the Insurance co handle the things. I could still have a zero dep on my policy and go for a Insurance policy which will reimburse me the complete cost of repair at a non cashless garage. I know the process is going to be quite tedious, first pay and then get reimbursed.

I got a confirmation from Balaji Fiat workshop that they do have a cashless tie up with Royal Sundaram, so most probably I will opt for this.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Gentlemen and other Insurance experts,

Can you confirm two things:

1) Have you been given the Anti theft device discount? If so, how has it been calculated?
    2) When selecting PA for unnamed passengers, what logic should be used to choose the amount? I know the permium for the same is not huge but still like to know what amount was opted? Generally most Insurers choose 50K as amount and the premium works out to Rs 125.
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Have not received any discount for this. It is for the approved parts that you might have installed in the car be it OEM or from 3rd party. It is calculated based on the cost of the part installed is what I know.

For the personal accident for the driver the default amount covered is 2 Lacs and the premium for that is 100 for the policy it took. It depends solely on us on how much we would want to cover for the passenger.
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes i had recieved this discount. if i remember correctly, it was 2.5% of Own Damage (OD) component of premium.

I was not aware of this initially. came to know about it when i was trying to buy insurance from policybazaar. their customer reps usually help out the buyer on phone. He asked me if i have central locking in my car. when i said yes, he discounted 2.5% from premium using the anti theft part.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shams,

Who is your Insurance provider? For me neither FG nor Royal Sundaram has offered this discount.

Thanks for the figure of 2.5%, I didnt know that.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    bharti axa. try with policy bazaar and see

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I didnt have a good experience with policy bazaar when I tried them. The customer service guys dont know the basics of Insurance, any question asked they say that they just facilitate the insurance buying and dont have any expertise on Insurance itself.

Royal Sundaram yesterday confirmed that they do provide the anti theft discount but not under that head. The discount amount is added to the total discounts offered for the OD premium.

One more querry is RS claims that under zero dep add on they do provide complete replacement of tyres and alloys too apart from unlimited claims which is not the case with other Insurers providing the zero dep (or is it the case?). The only condition is the alloys should be factory fit rather post delivery addition.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    My head is going bonkers about this insurance. Too many insurers and too many things to consider. July my policy expires. Need to start planning. Phew..
    Reading this thread, i must say i am thankful of not going crazy yet ;)