1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Huge Engine noise within the cabin

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Guru_mprasad, Jan 28, 2015.

1. RAJ

RAJ Timido

COIMBATORE
    Please check the C MOUNT OF THE ENGINE IT MAY BE TOUCHING THE HOUSING OR UNDER BODY
    I had a same problem today after my 2011 GP went over a stone on inspection found that the C Mount is touching the under body will try to rectify tomorrow and revert
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @RAJ, any updated on the noise reduction.

Last weekend I went to Prashanti Nilayam, BLR-HYD is too good to drive and almost empty road. I reach 150 couple of times in empty stretch(I do not recommend driving high speed) . The engine,wind and Tyre noise altogether made be very uncomfortable to drive at high speed.

Car was rock solid and stable at high speed too.

My car tyres are still stock JK T. Planning to change them soon. Does good quality Tyre helps in noise reduction, if yes, upto what extent.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any advise on this please .....
  4. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, tyres make considerable difference. When I was on stock GT3 I was not hearing many sounds (like the famous wind noise in Punto when cruising at speeds more than 70 or 80 kmph). I had dynamatted my car 3 years back. Road noise had gone down significantly at that time. I was thinking that is as silent as it can get. But I was wrong. I changed tyres recently @ 38000 kms. Now cabin has no road noise at all. As a side effect now I can hear engine much louder and hear lot of other noises like clutch engaging sound when I change gears which I never noticed earlier. I can hear the music player lot more clearly now at lower volume levels. If you feel road noise is too much or want to enjoy music system better then switch to relatively quieter tyres.
    pdash likes this.