1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Huge blue smoke suddenly while running in 2500rpm in multijet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gkuppuprasath, Apr 8, 2015.

1. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Hi
    Yesterday while travelling in 2500rpm turbozone my punto multijet suddenly blowed huge blue smoke with one (gurud sound for 2 sec) . Later i called to road support and they took to service station, but while after 20mins run blue smoke came down.. Only small amount is comming .in fiat service they examined the car with examiner. It showing all normall .can any one support me. Thanks
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello there,

Blue smoke is not a healthy sign, please check the engine oil levels as there is a good chance that the engine oil was burnt during combustion along with the diesel. Also please let us know how old is the car and what's the odo reading. Did you have a refill recently from a different fuel station, fuel quality can also be a culprit. Kindly have the fuel injectors checked and cleaned as this can be one of the reasons as well. Please keep us posted.
  3. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    My car is 2010 model with 98000 km run ..i will change oil once 10k kms and yes recently i filled diesel tank full.. In service center they also saying its due to dust in fuel .one injector has dust. But now it showing no sign.. So technical guy in service center told just run with high rpm it will automatically clear. If not we send the injector for service . so i too planned to take a car from service station ..
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, kindly have the injectors thoroughly cleaned and we should be able to address the issue then in this case. Kindly keep us updated on the progress.
  5. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    I planned to clean if issue arises again.. I have one doubt is it due to oil spill in turbo.. Can also cause like this ?
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes possible, if the spill is generous then there is a good chance that oil gets carried into the combustion chamber and burns it along with fuel, this is on the same lines what I captured in the first post.
  7. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Thanks boss.. Because that (gurrud sound ) made me to think like that.. Even my friend is technically expert. He too told that only.. Let see boss what happen in next ride . thanks boss for your support..
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Still now no issues, but when i start the car at the morning after 2 or 3 days , blue smoke coming for 20 to 30 secs at the first cold start, can any one guide me why ? Thanks
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Does it smells like burned toast. Check the oil level on the dipstick to see if the engine is using oil and dthe oil level is low. You can also do a compression check or leak down test to diagnose worn pistons or ring.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Now my car is at my friend's workshop he is checking once i get update i will share it..Thanks