1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HU not turn on without key ignition

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Makarand, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Makarand

Makarand Timido

Pune
    Hello friends,

Recently I had my punto servicing @ Pandit auto Pune.
    My cars head unit was not proprly fitted.. There was little gap so i had ask service advoiser to fit it proprly

But when i got my car back i found strang issue with HU.
    1 It was not turn on without key ignatiin
    2 It taks time to play the USB
    3 Every time it plays first song from usb
    4 making noice when gave key ignation.. Just like booting all the system..

Today I went to service center and show the problam but he told me that he naver done any anything with HU he just pull out the HU and set it.. No any wyer changs...
    Strangly there was no any technical person to sortout the issue..

Plz help me

Makarand
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    1. It should turn immediately when you crank Key. Without Key it will not start as per my knowledge.
    2. It will take time to read from USB first time if you have huge folder list & songs, It happens with me too, I have 12 folders & 1200 songs in USB.
    3. It is usual behavior of HU, it will play first song then randomly other if you select Random/ Play all without selecting folder. Select the folder you wish to listen, the first song of that folder will start as first song then randomly other songs will play.
    4. After key ignition if it will give any noise, please check if it comes from HU, then get it checked from service center guys. Ask them to open a job card and allocate one personnel to rectify this.
  3. Makarand

Makarand Timido

Pune
    Thanks for the replay Suman,

I agree that whenever you insert the USB it plays first song but I set my Autoplay option is ON and it was expected to play the song which was previously played HU when give kay ignition (instead if first song always).

I think something wrong with HU because it also was not turn ON by pressing the Vol button... it needs to give key ignition to turn ON..

Today I have registered my complaint on Fiat customer care center..
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    With or with out key fiat HU will switch on /off using vol button and play songs , only difference is with out key you will not be able to play using media player i.e USB.

With out key the HU will work for 15 mins and automatically switch off if key is not inserted.
  5. Makarand

Makarand Timido

Pune
    Yes, and that is the issue HU is not switch on /off with by pressing volume me :( .. it works only when I gave key ignition
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try to reset, from setting options. Not sure if this will solve the issue though.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Welcome Makarand, yes if the autoplay is on then from last song will play, it works for me and I think for other TFI friends too. Please tell these details to Service center clearly, they will rectify.
  8. Makarand

Makarand Timido

Pune
    Yep, done this but not worked :(
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Vijay, you are correct here, upon pressing volume button it will play FM or music and not from USB.
  10. Makarand

Makarand Timido

Pune
    Feedback from service center:

HU is with accessory fitted so we don't do anything with it..
    Now I have to done it from outside..

can anyone know the good service center or any fiat wiring & HU expert from Pune?
    Please provide me the contact details

Thanks,
    -Makarand