1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HU (Delphi) Linea 2013 replaced under warranty.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Lunafiatic, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Hi TFian's. I recently got the head unit of my Linea MJD 2013 model replaced under warranty. The volume button had somehow become too sensitive. When trying to increase the volume using the control knob on the head unit, the volume used to turn down to zero. I just realised that I may have had this problem right from day one, however I kinda ignored it because I only used the steering controls for all my audio control needs. Even though I managed to ignore it all this while, my wife just wouldn't let me get away with it. Finally she made me go to the service center and have it checked. At first I was fooled by the service center advisor stating that it is a feature, so that you do not accidentally increase the volume so high and manage to blow somebody's ear off. It did not sound very convincing though. May be I wanted to be fooled, so I accepted it, but yet again my wife was not convinced. Her concern was that how can it be a feature when it doesn't look like one. She used to be very annoyed when she had to ask me to increase and decrease the volume everytime as she couldn't do it herself. So this time I took it seriously and went back to the service center and asked them to check again and compare it with other cars. Surprisingly it turned out to be a genuine issue. I insisted on a replacement and got it within a weeks time. I would really thank my wife for this. She was right . Why should we live with a faulty part when we have spent so much to own this beautiful car. It proves that wives can be right sometimes . By the way, please be informed that, once removed, the new HU didn't fit as snuggly as it did earlier. Some of the edge is left out and doesn't fit completely inside the cage. We tried everything but it simply didn't work. I will go back and ask them to try again next time. Also, while changing the HU, I noticed that the HU was made in Portugal. Now why in the world would FIAT wanna do that. Well, sometimes you really can't understand FIAT.
    After all this, my wife says to me, why can't I change songs from the HU when USB is playing and I am like . Now what do I tell her? We all know that it just doesn't work. FIAT didn't want the co-driver to change the songs . Then she goes, oh really, is that so? then would you mind explaining why it is the case only when USB is inserted and it works just fine when a CD is playing ??? I simply had no answer.. .

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Arguing with wife can be dangerous sometimes.:(:dead:
    Tell her that the USB is connected to the B&M system than the HU, hence changing songs is through steering controls only whereas speakers are only powered through HU, therefore increasing/decreasing the volume can be done through HU also. I am sure you must have explained this to your wife. If she still insists on her way, then Fiat might have to intervene to answer the queries.

Hopefully Fiat reads this and modifies the music configurations or else they will have to face the wife's ires.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

"Don't argue much else you will be seen sitting at the passenger seat, with Steering and all the controls in her hand :)"

I hope she is not going to read the forum for this fantastic idea given above by me
    Lunafiatic, asimpleson and ghodlur like this.
  4. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Well, I really hope so too..
    shashanknathani likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    :) And did you also get the remote control BTW, I recall you weren't given one by dealer initially. How many TFIans really use it. Often times they get left home or get hidden within other stuff in glove-box.
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    I doubt. Remote control is provided only for T-Jet Emotion.

And yes I agree with you on usage of Remote control.
    I have not used it once even though they provided it to me. I even don't remember whether I tested it works or not. :D

@Lunafiatic, please upload picture of dashboard after fitments of new HU.
    asimpleson likes this.