1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HU, AC switchs off with Igntn key

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Surya, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi guys,
    I follow a practice of turning off the engine at signals, slow moving or at jams. Now here when i switch off the ignition everything goes off the HU, AC and there is no half way down to shutoff only the engine and keeping others on, every time i have to do a full down, full up excercise to keep the things on, i thought of fitting a Engine start/stop button but i was told that its not a good idea to do that.. Pls advise

:anyone

Thx..Surya
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's normal that AC is vent of with ignition is off. But if your HU is getting off on the same then keep the setting of HU at 20 min power off. You can find the same from pressing menu button of your HU.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    why need exercise ?
    when you turn on the ignition key AC will start on its own,prior your AC was on while turning ignition key to off.
    anyways one can set media player as expalined by rishike007
  4. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanks for the pointer. I also had this question on my mind. Will set the HU to 20 min.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You're only overworking the battery and the self-starter motor by switching on/off at lights or slow moving traffic. It's a diesel - which by it's nature consumes very little fuel when idling as compared to petrols.

Let it idle, unless you have a waiting period of something like 15 minutes.

Switching on/off for small durations such as lights/slow traffic, to me, is just a futile exercise.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Thank you all for the info... Gurjinder sir the point is valid its more work for the battery and motor i will keep idle for short periods in traffic ..

Thx..Surya
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There are no "sirs" here buddy. We are all TFIans.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Guys, Now my HU turns on when i start the car even though i have switched it off before.. i have noticed this several times.. is there any setting to fix this ?

Thx..Surya