1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by chandu525, Sep 28, 2012.

1. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

I wanted to upgrade to an Android phone from my Nokia N8, I have been a Nokia FAN from past 6 years, The only reason I want to go for android is that because of that Killer App "Google Maps" with Real Time Navigation!!, I want to buy an Android phone which is future proof for at least two years, The contenders were

1. HTC ONE X

I loved the build quality and looks of HTC ONE X (Very similar to what FIAT offers in cars), But Samsung galaxy S3 is also very good for its strong points on better battery life and additional Storage, although 32GB inbuilt storage in HTC ONE X is more than enough for me, I am concerned about its battery life, I wanted to know if any of you own either of these phones?, How do you rate them against each other??, Help me to decide
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Chandu, I sort of get to see lots of fanboy and other pro and anti posts of both SIII and OneX (henceforth written as 1X) on facebook. TFI member Clevermax and his brother both own 1x and are totally satisfied.

One SIII has one major advantage besides having better benchmark results than 1X. Its that it comes with removable battery and storage. Those who travel a lot (since you said that you need navigation), often find these 2 features a must have. You can carry a spare battery or two with you and also you can carry the whole set of movies and TV shows you have on memory cards (just an example).

Removable battery is also cheaper and easier to replace.

You can find USB adapter cable for SIII and also the HDMI adapter ad can connect pen drives, USB keyboards and mouse etc. (Not sure if this is possible in 1X or not but I guess it should be possible).

Also look at Galaxy Note II (its bigger in size I admit). I am using Note 1 and can assure you that the stylus is not out of fashion anymore as now we have smart stylus. The stylus can act as a mouse and you can carry out those actions that need you to hover the mouse/pointer over an option rather than clicking (something which both SIII or 1X can not do).
  3. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Thanks for your detailed response, You are right Since I will be using the phone as GPS device too, Having a spare battery helps a lot, As far as Galaxy Note I am not a fan of its Very Big screen , Somehow I always find it difficult to hold in one hand, But at the same time I don't want to move away from amazing screen and build quality of HTC ONE X too!, I will check If I can get a high power car charger for the same as I mostly use the GPS device when driving in car, If car charger can solve my purpose I don't have to look for Samsung Galaxy S3 at all, but otherwise I have to settle with S3

4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

personally i would prefer the note II
  5. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

go for galaxy nexus , it is cheaper and has great performance and UI
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

My Vote to HTC ONE X !! Its Looks Killer and well Built Comapare to SG3 !!
    1 person likes this.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

1+ to amar. I would anyday prefer HTC One X. Its robust construction and seamless operation is just too good.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Having being simultaneously usin both s3 and one x for more than 2 months......the s3 has a big advantage when it comes to battery life but the built is pathetic, feels fragile in hand and daily there used to b atleast one moment when it used to slip out of my hands. Also note video streaming is slower in the s3 over the same WiFi(don exactly no y) and the screen has bluish green tinge when viewed from side angle.
    As for the oneX the battery barely makes it through the day with games/videos/music use being around 2-3 hrs daily. Audio quality is average, screen is amazing(found it better than s3 due to more natural whites unlike the s3's bluish tint), sunlight legibility is also average with auto brightness works well but battery gets consumed faster than the tjet consumes petrol :p. Bold is absolutely amazing and the quality is top notch.
    Camera performance is also equally good in both with oneX having a sharper finish and better results in low light pics.
    As for benchmarks they both equally good specially after the recent upgrades the oneX has received.
    So overall after these 2 months I stuck to the oneX and my bro is using the s3.

I would recommend s3 if ur usage is on the higher side bit if you would use it moderately then oneX has no match.

Here is a pic of my oneX's benchmark

Waheguru Waheguru
    2 people like this.
  9. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

If you don't mind waiting for some time, I would suggest Nokia Lumia 920. It's being launched in US in October and in India somewhere in November. It will be one of the best phone. It will have all the features and specifications and are on-par with any other phone.

Personally, I don't prefer Samsung products. They are pricey and built is nowhere near Sony or HTC. Have you checked Sony xperia S or Ion ?

I know more choices will confuse you more, but it's better to do a bit more research on Lumia 920 and current Sony xperia series than regretting later.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  10. Lumia 920 will be damn expensive,more than 45k,and honestly nokia have lost it...the price simply doesnt justify nokias poor features list...xperia is better than nokia lumia series at this point I guess...