1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to use TRIP COMPUTER?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by AmeyKhedekar, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Small doubt here..I've just started driving my Evo 90 HP. The fuel tank range in the MID has not changed from the time of delivery of the vehicle. I refilled the fuel tank fully and yet the range is displayed as 52 km. Any solutions ?
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Harsha89 : you need to reset the trip meter to show the correct range.
  3. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @vinit By reset, to hold down the trip button on the stalk for more than 2 seconds, isn't it ? I've tried that sir, but only trip A readings have been reset. The fuel range remains of the same value.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    It should show the correct range after reset as fuel range is also part of trip A readings. Check for all other trip A options and ensure that they all are showing zero reading. If still the range is weird, then show to FASS.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  5. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89, you are doing the right thing. And the result you are getting is also correct.
    As for the fuel range remaining the same value is also correct.
    The fuel range has nothing to do with the reset or either A or B trip computer.
    The fuel range is based on the current (or close previous) fuel consumption, and predicts the range left with the remaining fuel in your tank.
    Based on your driving style it will keep changing.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  6. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @vinit @Sapam Thank you :) As you have mentioned, the range has also been reset now along with the trip A readings. I guess that the vehicle needs to start moving in order for the reset process to take place, I had tried all this while the vehicle was at stand still.
  7. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, as I mentioned earlier, the Range calculated based on few samples of your instantaneous consumption, so you need to be moving and your instantaneous consumption displaying info for some time.
    Harsha89 likes this.