1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to upload Images to the forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Aug 23, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is a quick guide to help you understand how to upload images to the forum. Do note that in one post a maximum of 20 images can be uploaded.

There are two ways to upload images to the forum:
    1. Copy-Paste from any image editor directly into the post window
    2. Upload from the "Upload a File" option

1. Copy-Paste from an image editor

In this option you don't have to go through the hassle of uploading an image to the forum and then inserting it at the appropriate place in the post. You can simply open an image in any image editing software, copy it and paste it in the post. Here is how you do it:

Open the image in any image editing software (In this case it is Irfanview) and choose the "Copy" option (or simply do a Ctrl+C)
    upload_2014-8-23_21-50-39.png

Right click at the appropriate location in your post where you want the image to be inserted and just to a right click "Paste" or do Ctrl+V

upload_2014-8-23_21-53-36.png

That's it !! Your image is inserted in the post and it can also be seen in the upload_2014-8-23_22-2-31.png section below.

Do note that the image will be automatically watermarked as soon as you upload it.

2. Upload images from the "Upload a File" button

When you are writing a post you will see a upload_2014-8-23_21-56-41.png button below the post box

Clicking on the above button will take you to the File Explorer in your operating system from where you can choose the files to be uploaded (You can chose one or many files at once)

Here I choose uploading three files at once (Press Shift + select files to select multiple files in Windows)

upload_2014-8-23_22-0-55.png

Once you select the required files just press "Enter" or the appropriate button depending on your OS

Now in the upload_2014-8-23_22-2-31.png section just below the posting window you will see that the three files have got attached

upload_2014-8-23_22-3-18.png

Once you have uploaded the images just click on upload_2014-8-23_22-6-33.png "Full Image" button below the image that you want inserted in the post.

Insert image 3.jpg here:

3.jpg

Insert image 4.jpg here
    4.jpg

Insert image 5.jpg here
    5.jpg

That's it !! Your images are inserted in the post. Adding images to your posts is now this easy :)

Happy uploading !!
    Cinju, fiatlover, asimpleson and 4 others like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    What is the Maximum image size is allowed to upload?
    I am trying with 500KB but it still says it is big!!:eek::eek:
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the resolution ? The size restriction is much higher than 500 kb. However resolution restriction is 1200x800
    mchanna likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Mods & experts: One querry (might sound silly though).

How do I arrange the pics I attached to a post in the order I wish them to be seen in the post? When I click on Upload File, it does give me the option to choose the pics in a bulk, but doesnt allow them to be sorted. Kindly help.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Once you add your pictures, keep your cursor where you want to have any specific picture. Then click "Full Image", it will add the pic at that location.

upload_2014-8-23_22-3-18-png.69780
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mobile Phone Upload
    All steps remains same, even for Mobile, if you are using mobile browser.
    Below are some screenshots, on my android phone.

Screenshot_2014-10-09-20-44-03.png

Screenshot_2014-10-09-20-44-11.png

Screenshot_2014-10-09-20-44-22.png

Screenshot_2014-10-09-20-44-31.png
    nkrishnap likes this.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    How do I manage the drafts and images?
    I am not finding any option to load the drafts. I am only seeing Save Draft and Delete Draft.
  8. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    How do I start a new thread?