1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

how to upgrade the ACTIVE?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by XGYo, Dec 28, 2010.

1. XGYo

XGYo

Bangalore
    Hey!!
    I'm getting my 1.3 MJD Active tuscan wine delivered somewhere next week.I did post few quarries on carwale and then here and then paddleshifter(who's the first one to answer punto qaurries) did answer but i was really looking to e sure so i called up FIAT. The rep answered saying that if the ICE is from unauthorised showroom,The warranty gets cancelled.I called up my dealer "Prerana motors" on west of Cord road and he said very coolly that there is not problem with extended warranty even if i get it done from outside.He gave me an option to get the ICE from his showroom.

I think i'm ok now on warranty worry.

1.I'm buying an active because i don't have money to upgrade, however once i get enough money can i get rear power windows? and slowly get other features of A dynamic or an emotion?

2.Active does not come with body coloured door handles or rear view mirrors- where do one get them coloured ?( tuscan wine)

More anon
  2. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Go to viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1384

& read all discussion. FIAT gives factory fitted wiring for Audio ,4 Door SPK & Antenna.
    If Plug & Play installation & no alteration in wiring is there,then how Warrantee will be void ?

Dealers always arise false arguments about After Market Audio. They are always interested to loot customers.

If there is warrantee issue about after market Audio,
    then FIAT & TATA should run their own Petrol Pumps also. ::V

FIAT & TATA should reject the warrantee claims of customers who have tanked up fuel other than
    COCO fuel station of FIAT & TATA.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    @XGYo, Getting ICE is not an issue but other features of Dynamic and Emotion such as Power Windows and Rear Wash Wipe may not be possible. These features integrated with vehicle body electronics and changing them require changing the BCM which is going to be very expensive and not worth the trouble.
  4. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Yes Roy J is right. I agree with him.
  5. XGYo

XGYo

Bangalore
    Got it.Thanks.
  6. sudhakar

sudhakar

Ghaziabad
    Can anyone share the pics of default wiring of Active? Mainly the socket/wire for HU connection.

And if i have to put speaker on my parcel tray then how to put wire for that?

Thanks,
    Sudhakar
  7. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Socket to Socket wiring is there for HU. ::D

If you want to place SPK on parcel tray then you have to give joint to existing wiring & you have to drill the body of car to take the wiring ouside of doors.

But my observations is Stock Parcel tray will be nightmare. If you install 6"x9" SPK on stock Parcel tray,it will make noise on bad roads. :hit

So 6" Door SPK are always good. If you install SPK in door,no need to alter the factory fitted wiring.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In the shortest possible answer, just don't do it please. Installing the speakers in the doors is the best option, and it looks neat as well. No hanging wires or anything.

Congrats. Do a thorough PDI and check the VIN number.

lol. I guess I should ask FIAT for some special offer for selling so many FIAT cars (just realized thi yesterday after reading a post by another member). :lol: I am sure none of their salesmen has even sold as many as mine. TATA-FIAT salesmen don't sell cars, people buy cars from them.

I would strongly advise you against after market power windows etc as they will alter a lot of wires etc for the required modifications.

Painting the door handles and ORVMs body colored can be done at the dealership service center itself. You can get the front grill painted silver as well (mostly done outside at some paint shop).
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    No need drill holes to get the wire around rear parcel tray. I have done this without any cutting, drilling.

Buy I do agree with the rattles, offlate I'm noticing squeaks from rear MDF board.
  10. XGYo

XGYo

Bangalore
    So finally what is it?
    I'm thinking of starting on coaxial fitted on rear doors and components on front doors.AnAMP would be installed once more money is seen, so is it ok to go ahead with speakers in doors? Different people might have different experiances because of better roads at Panchkula as compared to Ahmednagar? OR better mechanics/Fitting quality?

Paddle shifter: Why paint the front grill? Is it not body coloured for Active? If not then do you think"silver" should be ok with "Tuscan wine" body?I understand its about personal taste but still want the opinian.
    What about ICE? I thought of pioneer 2290 head with 02 component speakers (may be polk) and 02 JBL rear coaxial-Total cost about 14000 with fitting and wiring.AMP wheneever possible.
    What else?Yep- Did like the seat covers by FIAT -Thinking about black/red combo...Lets see.I'm gonna fly to GOA within 10 days of car comes and i know i'm gonna miss it there....(Just a thought)