1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to take care of leather covered steering wheel ?

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by dr.stephen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello all, I own a March 2012 Linea MJD. It is with leather wrapped steering wheel. For the last 2 years I am using formula 1 leather polish for leather seats and as well as for steering wheel.But after applying it on steering wheel ,for 2 -3 days steering wheel is slightly slippery.Please suggest how this can be avoided and a good care product for steering leather.Offcourse leather has to be cared at least once in 2 weeks.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do you really need to polish steering wheel's leathers? I am not sure, even cleaning with wet cloth should be sufficient.
    If you apply polish, it will be slippery.
  3. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    100 Percentage sure that leather needs wax polish.If we do not apply polish to leather it wll go dry and finally will become stiff and brittle.All leather things shoul be polished regularly for its longer life.
  4. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I apply VERY MINIMAL amount of Sonax Interior Cleaner in a microfiber cloth, use it in leather wrapped steering and let it dry for few hours. Not sure of any non slippery leather polish/cleaner.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is a product of Sonax, Leather trim protect (Black container), I am using this for more than 3 years now, you will definitely see a difference.
    It is a white color liquid, apply it completely over the Steering wheel and the gear knob and allow it to dry.
    You can feel the leather bit grippe and soft and yes it is oderless.
    You should get this in any of the Shell fuel station.