1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to replace Linea ORVM adjustment switch

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pradman, Apr 16, 2013.

1. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Hi,
    I recently bought a use Fiat Linea MJD (Tuscan Wine - 2010). It feels awesome to drive. :)
    I wanted it to look awesome as well. So got both exterior and interior detailing done with 3M Car Care in Virugambakkam, Chennai. After bringing it home, I have noticed that ORVM 4-direction adjustment switch is gone :(
    The folks at 3M mentioned that they will replace it, but since I was going to give it out for servicing with RDC Fiat in Chennai, I said that I will get it done myself. When I requested RDC to fix the adjustment switch, I was told that I have to replace the entire electrical motor system for the ORVM at the cost of Rs. 1360. :( I am truly shocked that the entire system has to be replaced just to replace the switch. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. Is it true that the switch alone cannot be replaced? If yes, then this sounds like replacing the entire braking system when the brake pad gets worn out. Dear forum members... please provide some inputs if you know more about this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What you mean by adjustment switch? Is it just the cover?
    This is first time seeing this, so can't comment why it needs full motor system to be changed.

And don't worry, for brake pad and disk, you don't have to change full braking system :).
    1 person likes this.
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    If both OVRM motor working , then and switch gone then u have to replace switch panel

DSC_0235.jpg

which come with power window switches and ovrm control , If only one ovrm is not working then it may be problem with ovrm electrical motor
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  4. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks Ravi and Aniket for the immediate reply.

Aniket,
    The motor is functioning fine. As you mentioned it is just the circular shaped cover that has gone missing. Do you know what the part number for this is? I am going to go ahead and search the TFI forums for this.
  5. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    After a lot of argument, they salvaged the circular shaped cover from somewhere in their workshop and fitted it :) It may not be new but it works and I can make do with that.
    Changing the panel should have been fine but changing the electrical system was just too much.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. Sir,
    You Can claim through warranty, ask in your near by service center.
  7. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Hi Mr.Shiva Kumar
    The response I received was that one cannot claim electrical component through warranty. I checked with the warranty list that is published here in TFI forums and that did not list the ORVM system either.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You just needed a new power window switch console for the driver's side. The electrical system is all BS. It is a two minute DIY if you have the spare in hand, no need to remove the doorpad too!

Wonder who at RDC dished out this BS to you?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Novice's question: What is in interior detailing? What is it?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Interiors vacuumed, and then cleaned with solvents/foam/microbial foam and cleaning of AC ducts may also be included in same package.
    1 person likes this.