1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to repair a straight line puncture in tube less tyres ?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by vikastwister, Jun 22, 2012.

1. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Hi Guys. Right now I am having an issue with tubeless tyre puncture. Due to which I am getting puncture in puncture for almost every 400 KMs. Issue is the puncture is not round and has some what straight line. So even after three four puncture repair tries issue is still there. And on bad road this issue pops up. Puncture repair guy is suggesting the installation of tube inside tubeless tyre. I am not ready for it because I drive at high speeds most of the time around 120+ on highways. So do not trust tyres with tube.
    Can any body help me out in repairing it or getting the new tyre is only option. Still I feel this tyre can go another 6 thousand KMs. My Car odo reading is 37823 KMs right now and its the original JK tyre which came with my CAR.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My feeling dont take any chance and just change the tyre. The line will keep increasing.

3. Just change them. Please do not risk it for the sake of 6000 kms.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

My front right tire punctured 2-3 times and repaired but later developed some leak and could no longer retain the tire pressure.
    Bought a new one (GT3). Used the spare (new) , fitted both new tires @rear and old ones in the front. Another 10k then will change all tires.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  5. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Go for a new one mate.
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Front Tyre of my gp got teared on its side walls by a roadside stone. I gave it to a Tyre shop where they did some thing called 'patching' and charged me 1000. now I am using it as stepney.:)