1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to remove the ORVM glass

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by pdydeva, Jul 4, 2013.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

In an attempt to have a clean mod, today I tried to check the electrical connector (door jamb connector) to see if I can draw a new connection through it. Like Rajan sir said there are few free slots for adding extra pins. While I was successful in removing the connection between door and the car body, I was not sure about how I can detach the connector (with pins) from the car body. This step is required to add the extra pins. Based on the kind of pins, need to source the same.

@patchyboy: Any suggestion on how to remove the connector from the body (A-pillar) will be greatly appreciated. I was able to access the grommet from inside after removing the kick panel. But, there is a good gap (the pillar gap) between this grommet and the outer connector. From what it looks like, I need to push the total connector in (after releasing the small clips) and remove it from inside through the hole where the grommet was.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

That would be my next project. I will surely post pictures of "How To", when I get around to doing it. In the mean time, if you succeed in dong the same, please do share the knowledge.

3. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hi all, i tried removing the plastic cap on OVRM but it didnt come. Pls suggest the way to remove it.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

This picture should give you an idea of what is holding the cover in place. Apart from the mentioned instructions, you need to pull the cover without the fear that it may break :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Based on today's experience, I have a word of caution. I lost a screw bit into a body panel gap. There is a gap where the front fender (wing) and the side rail meet. I couldn't get the bit out as it's stuck somewhere out of reach.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    adjust the mirror so that the outer end is bulging outwards... now there are 6 clips holding it in place...put your finger inside and slowly pull the mirror carefully from outer edge only, it wont come that easily, u need to apply some force(but not too much) to release the clips...then you can remove the outer cap too easily !!