1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to remove 'Multijet' cover

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Aashish Kulkarni, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Aashish Kulkarni

Aashish Kulkarni Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi,
    I have seen many cars where the engine top cover (the plastic one) has right side broken because it couldn't come out. Today I tried hard to remove the cover and the left side came out properly however the right side would simply won't come out. I fear, if I apply any more pressure, the cover would break. Has anyone tried to remove this cover and what is the easiest way to remove it.
    I want to remove the cover to inspect the injectors.
  2. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I broke mine when trying to yank it out sometime ago. The plastic is made of poor quality. You just need to careful while trying to pull it out.
  3. Aashish Kulkarni

Aashish Kulkarni Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Surprisingly, only the right side part is seen broken not only in Fiat but also in Tata Quadrajet 90hp version cars too. Something needs to be done to enable quick removing of this cover.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    For removing right side lock easily apply little oil to rubber lock and hold the cover from below just left of MAF sensor and make sure connector and the air pipe going to turbo is removed and out of way.
    sdp1975 likes this.