1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to remove glue from glass and paint surfaces

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by chethansgangoor, Jun 11, 2011.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    no doubt petrol gonna be dangerous for new generation cars(body paint).maruti's paint is different league all together.....

why not use mild perfume on the paint?? i have tried same on my fathers car......initially that mark would not vanish but after 2-3 times of car wash will make it disappear...
  2. Just to summarize, Colin is good enough to remove glue from glass surface and Diesel can be used on paint surface for a while and then scrubbing off with a soft cloth.
    Is my understanding correct?

@Kailash"Once removed, I polish the entire car (if its in the paint area that I have removed) using Turtle wax Platinium series and if I still have time, I will use Collinite 845 insulator wax to give it that wet look. Hope this helps."

What is that Collinite 845?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    You can try nail polish remover solution. I have used it. It was effective and it didnt damage the paint.
  4. I got Perfect results "fiatlover", thanks so much, just 3 to 4 drops of nail polish remover worked wonders.

thanks so much guys!
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

There is one another option..Just use some very soft rubbing compound. You can remove the stain and no visible effect on the paint. This may also come handy if you need to remove some very minor scratches. I had used formula 1 scrath out (http://www.formula1wax.com/products/scratchOutLiquid.php) or you can purchase 3M scratch remover. These are not very harsh on paint surface.
  6. sachu888

sachu888 Novizio

Collinite 845 is liquid insulator wax.you can buy it from ebay India in Rs.950.
    Some reviews

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011