1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Register a New Car ?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by thanujj, Sep 5, 2014.

1. thanujj

thanujj Timido

kannur
    I wish to purchase a new car from Bangalore and get it registered in Kerala (Kannur). Since the specified colour and variant is not readily available with Kerala dealers. As per the information provided by Bangalore dealer its impossible to register a car bought from Bangalore in Kerala for which the invoice has been raised with temp address at Bangalore. They are ready to release the car at my own risk. Will I have to face any issue when it comes to permanent registration with Kerala address?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    You can buy in one state and register at another, it's legal. But, tiresome. Please search within TFI, this was discussed earlier.
    Btw, what is that colour??
  3. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi thanujj,
    As said by limraj, it is completely legal to buy from state and get it registered in another. There is one hassle free way, talk to rto agent of Fiat in Kannur and ask him to get your vehicle register.

If not, visit RTO kannur for further assistance. For any help please write.

For the question mentioned in thread, a car can be registered by filling Form 20 (either online from rto website or physical form) and submitting the following documents provided by the dealer :

1. Form 21 (Sale Certificate given by dealer for RTO)
    2. Insurance cover letter (If taken from dealer)
    3. Temporary Registration Certificate
    4. Invoice
    5. Form 22 (certificate issued by Fiat for environment compliance)

To Rto at New LMV Registration desk along with the prescribed tax. Remember this all information is for Gujarat and I believe it to be same all over India. BUT there can be few more regulations as per the state.

Tax is to be paid within 7 days to avoid penalty and interest after the purchase of vehicle.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  4. thanujj

thanujj Timido

kannur
    Is thr any entry tax or VAT
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Vat will be applicable @15% in the invoice. NO ENTRY TAX AS FAR AS I KNOW. RTO tax is to be calculated on ex showroom price less vat.
  6. Saurabh Gharat

Saurabh Gharat Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Please explain: what is the CRTM procedure in passing a car. how many days does it take to pass a car through RTO
    I have booked a car with Torrid Motors Mumbai. RTO is Vasai MH-48. Torrid is performing my CRTM process at Mumbai RTO and says it is to be done prior to passing, and the passing will be done in vasai.