1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to make your T-jet achieve 100kph in less than 8seconds

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by kailashnj, Dec 4, 2010.

1. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi All,

We have modified the T-jet in England to achieve 0-100kph in less than 8 seconds. T-jet in its stock form itself is a force to reckon but with some mods its a mind boggling drive. In England, T-jet is available in the Grande Punto and the car we modified was the T-jet GP which has the same engine as the T-jet in India.

The mods done were as follows

1. Intercooler (The European T-Jet has got an intercooler fitted unlike the Indian version. However, the perfromance benefits from an intercooler upgrade. The intercooler is externally identical to the factory one, but flows much better and has got a better cooling rate.)
    2. AIR - (The GSR AIR is much less restrictive than the factory intake allowing the turbo to spool up much quicker improving low end torque.)
    3. RE-MAP
    4. Sensor changes
    5. Full custom exhaust with ceramic coated exhaust manifold
    5. Garrett turbo upgrade (The Garret turbo coming from the Abarth SS waas fitted because of customer's demand. It gives good torque improvement)

Current peak torque is at 358 NM.

All those T-jet owners who would like to get their hands on these mods, we would very soon introduce these mods in Mumbai. Peter and me are working on this and very soon you will see some announcements on T-jet complete mods. Currently we have the AIR and remap available if anyone is interested and can test AIR on 25th Dec when we are planning to hold the first meet.

Adding some pictures of the mods undertaken on the GP T-Jet in Europe.
    1 person likes this.
  2. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: How to make your T-jet achieve 100kph in less than 8seco

Well guys - no comments on the subject. Please feel free to post any questions you have on the Tjet here and we will try to answer that asap.
  3. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon

Awesome work mate, too late for me to buy a tjet, any possibilities of these mods for the 1.3?
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

With the 1.3 we can't go power wise as far, but torque we can match. This week coming the development for India on the 1,3 will start.
  5. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon

Thats a whopping 207 bhp car! I know my punto can never get there, what i meant to ask was if the above mentioned upgrades are available for the mjd, i.e. a bigger turbo, intercooler, remap, air?

OT. I just checked out your website peter, maybe you should post the t-jet mod pics there, just my 2cents.

Adios
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Any AIR planned for the MJD :wink: . I will be interested ::D
  7. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

As this web site is an Indian site I want to put up all things we have done in India. I am not coming with some figures made somewhere that we can't reproduce.

The first grapghs will go up on the 25th when we have been at KS Motorsport.

I am going to develop a complete tuning program for the 1.3.

First thing is to design an AIR. This unfortunately is delayed because the design made for the 1.3 was done on the European Punto, which is different under the bonnet.

Turbos available from Fiat are going to 105bhp, which is fitteed to the Lancia Musa. More power can be extracted, but this is going to be done in India and not over here.
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

It is. I will spend some time when over your end to do this. It will all be rep[orted in a dedicated thread.
  9. sai_ace

sai_ace Timido

CBE-BLR
    Any updates on this folks? Has there been any Tjets tuned here?