1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to increase ground clearance

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by dhoundiyal1, May 8, 2013.

1. Got the GC Kit replaced......awesome feeling driving......went to Bangalore from Hyderabad and having known Bangalore speed breakers; Iam happy that I could manage the entire trip without kissing any of those :)

Sandeep.
    2 people like this.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Actually the GC kit is only changing front and rear shockers which is a 1-1/2 inch bigger than the old one.The SC can fool you by changing other parts and include it in the kit like tie rods etc.Get the kit inspected when installing.Total cost front shockers 2600*2= 5200 and rear shockers 1900*2= 3800.So 9000 + labour approx.
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    You need to change the springs too.
  4. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Friends, I too am doing some research on GC upgrade on Linea MJD...I feel the best option till now is to upgrade the stock 195/60 R15 to 195/65 R 15. This gives an increase of 9.75 mm which is quite good. Yes your odometer will be deviated by 3% now..so to arrive at correct numbers you would need to divide the reading by 0.97. This is a simple way. Also, as for the tyres, I feel Bridgestone MY02 and HANKOOK 424, MRF ZV2K are worth checking...Another option certainly Bridgestone ER300..all have good sidewall, excellent grip, comfortable, noise within limits...as for GC kit upgrade I am not confident with the service centres. secondly, haven't come across any one very confidently approving it without compromising Handling, comfort and the ugly space between the fender and the rear tyre
  5. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    After lot of deliberation and research have gone for Vredestein Sportrac 5 tyres in 195/65 R15 profile, last month. The GC has increased but the car still touches some nasty speed breakers, but for sure not every bump it crosses.

This is with Old 195/60 R15 GT3
    GC_front_with old 195_60_GT3.jpg

This is with new tyre ( Please see the blue mark on the bottle...)
    GC Upgrade Front.jpg
  6. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3

Hi, I have added the full review on http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/11598-itallion-stallion-new-vredestien-shoes.html

Ciao!!