1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Identify my 90 hp Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by mnjnth, Dec 21, 2010.

1. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    That was a very good job done by Amogh and I appreciate the effort that you have taken Amogh to hit the issue headon rather than sitting quiet and trying to :hit FIAT customer service. Hope these kind of mistakes do not happen in future as this will ensure customer's loyalty with FIAT.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Happy to learn all ended well.

It is good to mask the VIN Number in the public forum.
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Don't get excited & don't make misunderstanding that Mr.Mangesh & other people will help you.

You have to fight alone against Bad ASS of TATA like me.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At least we should appreciate the efforts of Mr Mangesh and all other Fiat Team members in ensuring that the complaints/queries etc are handled well (at least most of them as it is not possible to solve all issues even in a perfect world).

Hyundai has asked i20 owners to refrain themselves from commenting about i20 steering issues and ineffective AC at Carwale, TeamBHP etc. FIAT, unlike them, went ahead changing the whole AC kit of Punto 1.2 and Linea 1.4.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am sorry to know this Mr Amol and I do understand the problems faced by you. I sincerely wish that all the faults in your car get rectified soon in 2011. Happy New Year 2011. :OT:
  6. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Thanx & A very Happy New Year to all members.
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Re: Re: How to Identify my 90 hp Punto

This is news to me. Thank god I did not buy i20. My major reason for rejecting i20 was the steering rattle horror stories.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
  8. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    though the efforts by FIAT (Mr. Mangesh) is appreciated, what makes me still wonder is how come they goofed up so big time!

I mean I am an automobile component manufacturer, and our target is <100ppm. Customer ( as in the OEM ) end rejection or return. If we are working at such high levels of quality checks, this kind of a goof up is unimaginable at FIAT's part.

100 ppm = 100 parts per million = 0.01% of rejections/recalls allowed.

and FIAT being an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) itself, there should be absolutely no room for error like this.

I am pretty sure the dealer must have sold a "multijet" manza/vista to someone, and sold you the "quadrajet" one. (just the plastic cover exchanged i am sure)

this thing can not be taken so lightly. please do ask FIAT for an explanation. Either FIAT gives it - or - the dealer needs to give it.
  9. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hi Manjunath, felt very bad after reading your experience. Anyway, this is the power of internet that such forums can exist and be helpful on crisis.
    BTW, I did not understand the response from the FIAT. Did they replied that only the engine hood might have been replaced with TATA or the engine itself ? So, lot of questions come to my mind as mentioned.

Folks,
    After reading the complete thread I had some doubts in my mind. Some of them could be very basic so excuse me for that. Pl. educate me,

1) Engine hood, is it same for TATA and FIAT car except the name (quadrajet/multijet)? That too a 90 hp car.
    2) Consider it (hood) is same, is it exact match for any vehicle ( quadrajet/multijet) ? I mean even the screw holes are same for tata and fiat ?
    3) Are multijet and quadrajet engine exact replica ?
    4) If yes, then the transmission interface has to be identical. Correct ?
    5) If 3 and 4 is yes (identical), is the chassis same on which the engine and other stuff are mounted ?

:confused
    :confused1
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^
    1) - yes. (This is comparing with a 90hp engine for Manza)
    2) - yes for all 1.3MJD engines made at Fiat Ranjangaon plant
    3) - No. The electronics might be different. I am not sure.
    4) - See answer to 3. The interface ratio could be different, I am not sure.
    5) - There are multiple mounts possible on the engine. Again my knowledge is limited in this are and so not sure.