1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Identify my 90 hp Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by mnjnth, Dec 21, 2010.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    This is simply a matter of correct book keeping - a clerical job. If the factory processes and checks cannot keep track of which engine goes into which car, then what do we know if it is the Manza engine or Vista engine? There must be some proper id of the correct engine based on the engine # itself.

I think the ECU id should be closest. But can we plonk a 90HP ECU to a FGT multijet???
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I don't think there will be an issue there. Fiat will be able to correctly say which engine went to which chassis. So if you find the engine number and chassis number and check back with Fiat, you will know if there was some hanky panky done outside the factory.

This is not likely to happen by accident.
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    1. My car engine reads "MultiJet". I had seen this on delivery, but to check again that I wasn't dreaming that day, I went downstairs to my office basement parking to cross check again when I read this thread. :mrgreen:
    2. VIN checks out on 90HP model.
    3. No paint color mismatch.
    4. No turbo kick at 1800 rpm, but turbo pull is evident with needle is near 1500 rpm.

Now only need to check ECU sticker, so please somebody tell me where I can find this.
  4. Instead of checking stickers, mail FIAT with Engine & chasis number with the problem. They should surely be able to tell if something is fishy.
  5. mnjnth

mnjnth Timido

Bangalore
    Hello Everybody,

First of all, thank you everyone for your support and tips.
    Last evening Amough called me up up and wanted to take this issue straight to Fiat Customer Service.
    He even mailed this issue to Mangesh Kodalkar ( Customer Service for Fiat India) and he called me within 30 mins. WOW.
    He explained to me that since, both Manza and Fiat engines are assembled in Ranjangaon plant, this could be a genuine mistake.
    He also informed that in future if there are any concerns, we could mail or call him directly.

Later Amough, call me and I checked the VIN. (MCA11834D 07018974 GNZ). He confirmed that this car was rolled out during the month of September. So there is no chance of the dealer selling a used or an accidental vehicle.
    Moreover there is no mismatch on the paint and everything else looks fine.

Now after speaking to Amough and Mangesh Kodalkar, my doubts are put to rest.

Thanks again to Vijay, Pran, Ravi, Amatotore, Roy J, Redbull and Amough.

If this is the kind of Customer Service I get from Fiat, then I think we can take on the Maruthi's and Hyundai's hands down.

Thanks Again.
    Manjunath.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Glad to know that you are satisfied with the response from Fiat and TFI. :)
  7. Manju, peace at last :dance
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    good to see that mnjnth is happy,
    but it has raised an alarm in my soul , if it was by mistake and if the engine itself could be plonked by mistake then i am afraid what all things can go haywire .
    i wish and believe this issue is not a mistake rather a intentional one. i believe there is something called quality check or qc in fiat plants , even primary school kids can read quadrajet , then how come such a thing can happen

to conclude: if it was just a mistake then iam much worried and fiat cannot be forgiven i will lose my good faith from my own punto.

but if it was intentional i would like to hear what went wrong if justified i can be more than happy for boldness and sincerity of fiat.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Jayadev, if you had seen how the vehicles are assembled at Fiat factory, you would not worry this much. Though this could be a one off issue, I don't think things could go very bad.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    royj ,even i dont expect the worst . but it is a matter of concern . just imagine in case of some safety feature!!!

thanks to tfi and its members whom honestly put forward such issues which makes rest of us aware.

i believe this kind of problems might have happened due to carelessness at individual level shall we as customers tolerate it. i hope you know very well what is a car on present roads of india. can we just ignore the facts of risks involved considering we are all fan of fiat and everything is fine forever.

i only wish finding fiat better and better, as this is the car which gave me some glimpse of wonderful driving..!!!!

ps:-fiat dont break our heart please.