1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Identify my 90 hp Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by mnjnth, Dec 21, 2010.

1. mnjnth

mnjnth Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Everyone,

I brought my 90 hp White Punto from Concorde Motors on 11th Oct 2010.
    The dealer experience was good and the delivery was done on time.
    After a few days, I noticed that the engine hood, under the bonnet had 'Quadrajet' instead of 'Multijet' on it.

As we all know 'Quadrajet' is for Tata Vista which is a 73 bhp engine. I was a bit upset and went to Concorde Motors.
    They convinced me that this is indeed a 90 bhp engine and even replaced the hood in a weeks time.

Now I would like to know from you members, on how to identify whether I'm running a 90 bhp or a 73 bhp from the engine perspective.

Thanks
    Manjunath.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    There is no way that Fiat Punto 90 HP will have Quadrajet written on it. Instead of Quadrajet it should be Multijet.
    There is something fishy about your car. Worst could be an accidental damage car sold to you. Dealer dind't have Multijet Fiat engine cover so he used Quadrajet engine cover.
    How is the finish of paint of front portion of car. Is there any difference between bumper, bonnet, doors paint, shine etc.
    Send an email to fiat. EMail address are listed in this forum http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is ridiculous, how could that happen, something fishy at the dealer side I should say. If you have some pics attach it when you mail to Fiat, it is indeed a serious issue. But how to differentiate between 90hp and 76hp for a normal driver is a concern.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Differentiating between 90 HP & 75 HP is not a problem.
    ECU of 90 HP will have a sticker mentioning 93PS on it.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    instead of going a slow way i hope you have taken the pics and reported this in writting. give a legal notice. you will write to fiat, then may be they will reply, then they will investigate, then they will appologise.
    in this whole circle you are at loss, the biggest risk here is the fraud done by the dealer. there is very high possibility that the dealer has passed over an accident vehicle to you/ used / test drive vehicle.

no way a car from factory will have quadrajet written on it. even if there is a goof up on assembly line inside the plant and some idiot has put the cover/engine inside your car let FIAT too get into the game.
    i think its just the cover they have put.
    but something is real fishy and unacceptable.

you can make the difference in drive. 90hp has variable turbo which spools right from 1300rpms and will give linear power and 73 hp will give u punch at 1800 rpm. drive carefully and check
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Theoretically if at all a mistake happened at Fiat factory, then it would be the Manza engine and not Vista engine. And I guess it is the same 90 PS one.
  8. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    have you taken any photos of the engine block? can u post it here? ps keep the forum posted about any development. don't let it go unanswered. if any of your frineds have a fgt mutiljet engine punto drive it and compare it with your 90hp. goodluck.
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Where is the ECU?

Come to think of it, this from the official TATA owned dealership !! Why am I not surprised. Basically you can expect this from TAXI sellers. FIAT wake up.

BTW, is the Manza engine tuned *exactly* as the Punto 90HP engine? If not then a swap cannot be justified.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I am not sure and I am not justifying the swap. I just stated a probability. ::O