1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Place Mortien Rat kill cake alongwith a small piece of paneer in engine bay at night.
    If the rat is not smart he would eat the Mortein and die. Some rats are very smart and don't eat anything they find suspicious, their mom dad must have told them not to eat something given by strangers.
    2 people like this.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Grandeur you should thank the rats for not chewing any important wiring or cables :-D I've seen rats entering my car from the suspension area getting a firm stand from the engine gaurd below.Im yet to fix that.Thinking of placing two metal sheets on both sides and gettin them welded.

Will this work??
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good lord. That rat really chewed up the rubber.

A few days back a rat got crushed, yes crushed in the timing belt of our Palio D. That resulted in the timing getting screwed (the timing gears jumped a few tooth) and the valves hitting the pistons. :uh Fortunately, no damage was done, and after the bits and pieces of the rat were removed , and the timing set , all was well.

The Ratocop is a catchy name for sure. Has anyone tried it here?

I once tried a electronic lizard repellant which buzzzed out a certain frequency. To no avail. The lizard seemed to say " hah, try something better" :p
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I'm doing that since last 3-4 days. They were not around all these days but last night they were back may be with vengeance and this is what they did:

2011-12-21 11.35.52.jpg

Actually, I should really thank them. Well, instead of wielding you could use glass sealant with metal sheet. This is what I have done to block the area as shown below with metal net and I really hope and pray it should now STOP them entering into my car!!!

2011-12-21 12.15.55.jpg

2011-12-21 09.03.42.jpg

2011-12-21 12.38.13.jpg

2011-12-21 12.38.40.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. Sandy.. the good old tambaku method is not working?
  6. Grandeur

Nope...I bought in bulk last week, 20 packets. I even sprinkled all over under the car around garage...but of no use.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Hahaha :-D that tobacco method is simply not of use grandeur. I tried it too but still rat came & ate my ignition wire! Really gotta do something fullproof to save our cars!
  8. Looks like now even the rats are using tambaku like other ppl ..

At my home rats are busy working on my washing machine (twice) damage of 2000 rs and now on the AC . 9 expected damage of 3K) .

Sandeep ji , that metal grill looks useful .Nice work .. Hope it saves the Grandeur ...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  9. Grandeur

That was close, glad that nothing happened major. But loved to imagine the rat getting crushed under the belt. I wish to do the same to the rat who dared to sneak around my car.

BTW, I'm getting RatoCop installed today! Will update you guys, about its performance.
  10. Grandeur

So, here it is.

Installed RatoCop today.

Device used:
    • 4 Sensor
    • Main Device
    • 10 LED's
    • Vibrator

How it works:
    Sensor modules installed to detect presence of rats, mice, snake and other Rodent species which are likely to enter into Cars and other vehicles through openings beneath the bonnet. It then detects the slightest motion of any such nuisance creating by rats in the engine area than creates random vibrations and LED blinks.

As per instruction on website, this device will be automatically “ON”, When the ignition is switched “OFF” and the device will be “OFF” when ignition is switched “ON”. The entire installation is done by connecting only two wires to the car battery.

Technical specifications:
    Power Supply: 12 V DC
    Idle power consumption : 0.3 watt
    Active power consumption: 5 watt

Main Device
    2011-12-23 15.00.52.jpg

2011-12-23 14.37.22.jpg

2011-12-23 14.24.08.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011