1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    baap re. solid jhatka on the wallet for no reason. hope they get the part soon. why dont you claim an insurance?? 7k is not a small amount
  2. shrivats

Can we claim insurance for something like this? I will claim insurance if it is possible. The part has still not come :(
    I have dropped a mail to Ajay Bhatnagar today. Lets see what happens.. The people at Concorde have apparently placed the order a by AUG 12 and it seems the billing has not happened and only after the billing is done is the part actually shipped.
  3. Hi All,

please help me :( Rats in Engine Bay of my punto. Till now there is no wire cut or other mischief by rats, but really worried. As i m already a victim of rat cutting Headlight wire of my Palio. So this time want to really get rid of rat from engine bay.
    i park my car in open. :(
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Nope. Damage by rats are not covered under Insurance, unfortunately.
  5. JJPunter

Cables damaged due to rat bite

Hi everyone,

A few days back I found that the windshield jet spray was not working in my Punto MJD.
    Opened the bonnet and found that the rubber hose and beading was completely bitten of by rats.

The service guys at concorde advised me to get these leaves available from shops that sell country medicine which I did. The leaves are cheap at Rs.5 and effective (I think) but the smell of the leaves gets inside the cabin when fresh air is brought in.
    Can anyone advice about any rat repellent that is good or if there is any other way or product to keep the rats away.

If this has already been discussed please give me the link.

6. royj

royj Esperto

Rats have been a problem for all cars. My previous car suffered a lot because of them.
    This has been discussed before and you can check this thread for more information.

Rat Menace

Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My car's horn is not working!!! checked the fuse and it is not blown, and now suspect the wiring which is chewed by rats.
    The location of the horn cannot be easily accessed. I may change the horn also to Roots Windtone/Vibrosonic planning to fix it in the coming week.

Going to give them a treat today with 'Mortein Rat Kill'.

8. My car went for the follow up after third service (fuel filter was not in stock during original visit) and by then AC was not working. I suspected something went wrong during the third service, but SA on diagnosis updated that wires were found chewed away by rats, and that caused AC defunct. Cost is quoted to be in 1 to 1.5k range - ought to the labor involved in reaching the wires that are some what inside and hard to reach with more parts to disassemble probably. I dont know if cost is appropriate or not, but thought it need not be debated, now as it is not VERY high.
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I guess I desperately needs RatoCop. Due to my injury car was standing in garage for quite sometime and this is what Rat did to my car :A:A:A

Rubber side wall under the bonnet chewed by bloody rat.

2011-12-21 09.04.05.jpg

2011-12-21 09.03.29.jpg

This is the way rat entering into my car.

2011-12-21 09.03.51.jpg

2011-12-21 09.03.42.jpg
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Grandeur - I've the same problem. I've asked about probably placing a metal sheet and get it welded. I haven't been able to go to ASC till now, may be I shall get it done over next week