1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Ahmedabad
    Hi! Everyone!
    This is in continuation of my earlier post where I suggested to have wire mesh in boot of the Linea.
    Again, I had this rat menace and I was wondering what happened. Now, in January, I had an accident with a stray dog and that caused replacement of the front bumper. the reappearance of the rat menace was related to this as it required both front fenders to be detached and refitted. The body shop people did not fit the fenders properly and kept the insulating material carelessly which opened the hole from where wires go inside the cabin compartment. The fenders were refitted with care and the problem seems to be rectified as of now. Please check this as this is the only place from where rat can enter if you have sealed boot ventilation with wire mesh.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

The Rat Menace - RatoCop

Have you heard about this product? This is quite intersting and I guess worth investing (Around Rs 1200) on your car. Take a look at it here and take the call as per your requirement.

http://www.ratocop.com/
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Aqua value water purifier?? mate is this the right URL...
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I knew it would be confusing, as I myself got confused in first palce. But look at Bottom left and click over RED Button, it will take you to the right page.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Just wondering if it would work on Indian Rats :p :d
    Given that they have grown up almost in rattling vehicles :p
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Vaccum Pipe Bitten By Rat :(

Off Late i've been facing a problem of petrol leak as everyone is aware on Tfi.As usual the suspect is a rat :mad: After eating my throttle body pipe now they have turned their attention to fuel pipes..This time its the vaccum pipe..This pipe includes a set of 2 pipes known as Filler tube hose assembly costing Rs7100/-

The blue pipe is made of some flimsy plastic/fibre material which might be costing hundreds..But here the bomb is that TASS tells me to replace whole assembly otherwise my warranty would be void :( I opted for replacement cuz i dont want to hamper my car's warranty.But i want an permanent solution this problem.I got my replacement at fortune thane.They were really vey fast in procurring the part.I told them in morning and the part arrived till evening 6pm.I got the work done the next day with a total billing amount of Rs7600/- with tax and labour.They gave me discounts on labour.

I want u guys to suggest me some jugaad to this problem.Im really fed up of this rat menace now..

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01790.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
  8. manoj

manoj

Please call 9867373771 for ratocop, he is the one who can HELP U..

Use Ratocop 9867373771,,,,, call HOM..
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
  9. thyagu2_2006

thyagu2_2006

Chennai
    I have tried tobacco and it really worked for me. the problem is you have to replace the packets every week atleast. If all fails should we call PIED PIPER???
  10. shrivats

shrivats

Hi
    The rats have played havoc with my punto. One fine morning when i was ready to leave to work, i was going to drive my car after nearly ten days as i was out of town,
    I open my gates and start the ignition, as soon as i switched on the ignition i could smell petrol, i ignored the smell and started my car and took my car out of my parking area.
    After which i got down and went to close the gate only to find there was petrol patches and a ton of rat poop under the car.
    I immediately opened the bonnet and i could see a cut in the hose which is jus above the intake manifold. And as soon as i switch on the ignition fuel spews out from there at a good pressure! I immediately call up the guy in concorde motors mysore road. A techinician immediately visted my place and checked the problem.
    He then told me that the car had to be got to the service centre as they couldnt do it elsewhere.
    Then i called up fiat first they provied me with a flat bed to tow my car it was free of cost and the service was prompt.
    Now the problem is that the the hose(even the sa was confused as what exactly was the name of the hose) is not available and concorde motors has placed an order and also that hose costs 7000 bucks.
    I have been following it with him every day. He tells me that this is the first time that the particular part has been ordered. I hope i get my car back soon.
    And once i get back my car i must probably fill my hood with bags of tobacco !!