1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    opps...SORRY mods for using using foul/curse words. but seriously pics of aaron shook me from ma bottom!!
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @teky

Hey dude have u tried the tobacco packet trick??? y dont u install ratocop??? It's very usefull and it gaurantee's to ward off every lil pesky pest ::D
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Haven't tried it mate, Do you place it inside the engine bay or around the car? Also has anyone got experience with Ratocop, I went through the website and found that it creates sound a vibration so that this creature is afraid. But I can't really trust that, that little creature travelled all the way from my home to office which is 22 Kms with some worst stretches.

Had placed Rat cakes near the bonnet cowl y'day nite and seems there has been no attack. The only pain is I've to remove this rat cake every morning before driving to office.
  4. Teky has let loose the little nonsense inside his office campus. Teky has asked the little rodent to damage all Shift, Dejire and Manja in his parking lot ::OO
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    ya buddy in engine bay..choose spots where u think the rats r sitting and entering from..install them der..i had done this long bak but d rats in my building r of different breed so now i cant find any of the pouches i had installed ::D But no harm to my car after that...last i had seen that they had a party on d battery compartment with some bananas and rotis...lolzzzzzzzz after that no party phewww thank god :dance
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    ROFL - No damages reported so far :mrgreen:

Thanks - Will try that option. I've no problem for them to party in my engine bay - Only if they don't cut & chew anything ::pP
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    teky, prevention is better than cure...install ratocop buddy..ive seen ratocop in action and is really usefull..m also planning to get that soon..vitamin M deffiency as of now :p so waiting...actually our engine gaurd below is a very nice platform for them to enter the engine bay..is there any way to block those opening near wheen arches?? using sum wire mesh or sumthin like that??
  8. Puntoist

Puntoist

Thanks all for your suggestions - installed tobacco pouches in the engine bay and wire brushes at likely resting places - thankfully no rat recurrence so far.

The wiring and battery had to be replaced after the incident - damages around 8200 bucks for both (talked directly to Exide support for a better deal on the battery)

Have also started being less protective about the car and taking it to work instead of the earlier plan of driving it on weekends till I got the hang of it.Also, have stopped using the cover and don't keep it parked in one regular spot in the building.
  9. Pardon my ignorance, but are there any specific brands/types of these tobacco pouches? I'm totally ignorant when it comes to tobacco products other than the smoking kinds. I have no idea what to ask for at the shop!

Both my front and rear washers have stopped working. Today I found a cut tube; seems to be the one for the rear washer. Couldn't find any damage on the front washer tubes as far as I could see, but they are not working either. I'd better take some precautions before these lovely creatures do more damage.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    no specific brand mate..any kinda tobacco wud do..just go to any pan shop and he wud give a reputed brand..take 4-6 pouches..hardly wud cost u 20bucks..best of luck for the fight :)