1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    1) Where in bangalore did you buy those Tobacco sticks and Phenol from?
    2) Do you remove those stick when driving or no? Did you use any method to keep those stick intact ?

Regards,
    Prateek
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    There is an Indian medicines shop owned by a Shetty on the RHS of Sampige Road, Malleswaram, where the tobacco sticks are available. You can use the common household Phenol that is used for cleaning the floors.

Yes, I used to remove them before starting the engine and keep them back after switching off and cooling of the engine. You can use and re-use the tobacco sticks as long as they retain the pungent smell. After a month or so, the smell will be feeble, when it is time for change for the next lot!
  3. kashifcool2014

kashifcool2014 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,
    I am NOT trying to market anything its just that i too faced the Rat issue and i have solved the problem hence wanted to share it so that other's can get a relief from Rat Menace.

Many people have already tried these steps and even i have tried but in vain:

Tobacco Leaves – Works only till its Fresh
    Naphthalene/Camphor Balls – Used in Clothes
    Sprays – Stops working after the smell subsides
    Rat Poison – Is Successful in killing very small rats
    Ultra sound repellent – Drains Battery
    Insect repellent – Works on small Insects
    Mortein Cake – Rats take away and have it as a food
    HIT Spray – Beneficial only for Cockroaches/Mosquitoes
    Phenol – It is used as floor and lavatory cleaner
    Rat Trap – Today’s Rats avoid Traps as they know surroundings.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    in that case why don't you share the product details. cost, some pics and how actually does that works. I believe you are the end user.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. kashifcool2014

kashifcool2014 Timido

Bangalore
    Friend,
    Yes i'm the end user and i have already Installed the car mesh on My Accent Car and now its free from Rats. I also installed it on Santro Xing, Swift. Its called car mesh its a light weight metal mesh that is attached to the Car Under Body around 2-3 ft in length and it closes the Entry points for Rats/Pests. Its Removable anytime for any Maintanence OR Service when required. It costs around 3.5k and i will upload Pictures tomorrow.

Note: No Gas Weilding, No Drilling, Only Fixing via holes that are already present in car underbody.
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Please let us know where you have done this job?
  7. kashifcool2014

kashifcool2014 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Prakash,
    I did this job in bangalore, I will post the Pictures and then you will get an idea whats it all about.
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Hey Ravi,
    Can you pin point this address in GMap and share. I was unable to locate it. And what does RHS stand for?
    Raghavendra High School?
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    You can try here.

RHS = Right Hand Side
    1 person likes this.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi. Will be going there tomorrow. Can you also share how much did it cost you?