1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Which ever car is not used daily will be attacked by the Rats.
  2. Sorry to hear that buddy..
    In the previous rented house we stayed the rats were such a nuisance it was to hard to even keep your bike safely..my poor santro was a victim of this, and as a result had to sell her off.
    In the same area I kept our punto petrol for 4 months but nothing happened..
    I thought the rats like koreans,chinese and japs a way of getting even with them ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. elaramvani

elaramvani Novizio

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
    Chennai
    Linea 1.4
    Rat Bite. Need Advice
    Linea -Rat damage the wire.jpg

Image courtesy:fellow TFIan. Thanks. Mine is Linea. Exactly the wires from the shown connector have been cut into pieces.
    hello seniors!
    desmotronic key works well. open the door and inserted the key to MAR position .ok. NO warning symbols. HU, AC works. all the lights are working EXCEPT REAR FOG LAMP. Then started cranking to start. NOTHING HAPPENED. ENGINE keeps mum. how to proceed? please advice.
  4. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    The best solution i have come across is to have cat and feed left over of your food instead of throwing it to the dust bin. I would have feed the regular food what i eat as its part of family as my car and saving my car from Rodents menace.

It should solve rodent , rat menace for life time of cat. :)
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrical-systems/10613-what-wire.html

Edit: Nevermind, Just saw that it was a old post.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. elaramvani

elaramvani Novizio

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
    Chennai
    Linea 1.4
    Rat Bite. Need Advice

Thanks vj v1.

I have gone through the post you quoted.

But the next day ie. 2nd Sep I contacted Mr.Tensingh of RDC chennai and explained about the wire cut by rat. He immediately responded and asked me to wait for 1 hour and this will be solved at my premises itself. Within next hour from Ambattur RDC, people came with "service on the move" vehicle with few meters of loose wire, cutter and insulation tape and connect both ends by piece of wire. Done. Obviously before starting the work negative terminal disconnected. Then reset date,time,service, etc., and cranked the engine. Ok. well. No warning. No abnormal. good. Take a test ride along with the guy. fine. They charged very meager amount. BUT ONE THING still IRRITATING my mind. I asked the guys why dont you change the entire wire from the connector to the other loop end to avoid insulation kind of thing. But these guys replied, this is the usual way we do it. EVEN IF YOU SEND THE VEHICLE TO THE RDC !!!. Then I thanked Mr. Tensing for their timely response and enquired about the same wire matter. He replied if you specific about this it bugs around more than 10K. for changing all the wiring.

7. Hi Grandeur,

Request you to please post another review of your RATOCOP. 2 years now. Is he a good cop??
  8. Use the rat glue , that is best i have seen.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The ultrasonic device is not for people who have pets at home. It causes great discomfort to cats and dogs as well. I have used peppermint oil in the past with very positive results. As of now, I have 3 dogs guarding my car from all kinds of pests, including the two legged variety :D

Rajan