1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    An eco-friendly, pet-friendly, non messy and pleasant soultion - Peppermint Oil. Sprinkled in the Engine Bay, Boot and generally in the area of the car,keeps rodents at bay.

Rajan
  2. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Couldn't get the service guy attend my car today. They wanted to tow instead.
    Tried phenyl and also put some garlic paste; seems to be working. And yeah I also sprayed some 'Hit' inside the bonnet.

Where do I get this? I asked the medical shops around. All they had to offer was the peppermint mentos :p

Also can anybody say where to look for the wiring towards the fuel pump from bonnet or any thing(wiring) related to fuel to the engine. I am able to crank and the engine comes to life for just 1 second and it dies. I guess its some wiring towards fuel pump or some fuel related circuit. If I could find it I could join it and drive it the ASS.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You can get all sorts of essential oils including peppermint oil at the NILGIRIS store on Brigade Road in Bangalore. just go in to the essential oils section, it will be straight to your left when you enter, or ask the shop attendants. It should also be available in most herbal medicine stores.

Rajan
  4. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah finally found a combination that works(worked till now, not sure of tomorrow). Bought this peppermint oil(as suggested above), sprinkled it in the engine bay, tied some naphthalene balls here and there on the wires and poured some garlic paste as well. The combination is working!!:-D
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Now we will never know what worked - peppermint oil or naphthalene balls or ginger paste :D. From experience, I can vouch that Peppermint Oil alone should be enough.

Rajan
  6. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Peppermint alone did not work. I saw fresh traces when I tried it alone though they didn' t chew any wires. May be the rats in this part are much more determined!!:-D

Or may be they paid a casual visit and said a tata seeing its a dangerous place.:p
  7. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    There is a spray called Autoshine which cost Rs 1900 per bottle, I have tried out and till nw it seems to be effective.
  8. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
  10. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I just have one question to this thread:

Why on earth do these RATS love FIAT cars??????????

Though my M800 stays outside on the road throughout night, & Linea stays inside the garage, Linea alone has always been a victim to this rat menace. :sadblue
    1 person likes this.