1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Rats can enter through the Re-circulation Air vent beneath the plastic cladding beneath the bonnet. To access it open the bonnet and find the black plastic stuff with vents, unscrew it and you should be able to access the vent. You should probably seal it with wire mesh and then rats wouldn't be able to enter the cabin at least.

Somewhere in the forum Grandeur has posted the pictures of the exact location. Will post it if I find it.
  2. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ wolverine_arnab, thanks for your suggestions. Could you please tell me the name of that repellant???
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
  4. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @teky, thanks for the valuable input. Please let me know if you find it !!!!
  5. its name is rat guard,it looks almost like HIT,its yellow in color,and costs 200 bucks.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now its my turn to be a victim of rat menace :evil: Since last 3-4 days a rat has found liking towards my Punto. I changed the parking direction of my car; it was fine only for coulple of nights. But today morning again am noticing the brunt! Area affected is left portion of hood. Please find the same in the pics below. On preliminary inspection, luckily havent found any electrical damage. Drove for @ 7 kms also in the morning to office and was constantly checking the speedo console for any warning signs. So far it looks good. But its really scary :A

As of now have thought of couple of options - placing rat kill biscuits in the engine bay and on the road below the bonnet area, placing rat glue pad in couple of places on the floor.

A weird idea: How about placing a lighted torch in the engine bay at night? Will the light keep the rats away?

Suggestions are welcome :confused

E5 Image800.jpg
    E5 Image801.jpg
  7. pandharpuri tobacco! the best option! i use it in my car! it fumes away the rodents!
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Harsh, thanks for the info. Will I get it in local kirana type shops?
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

You should be able to source it from a local paan waala i.e. Ciggratte tapri.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Absolutely!

- - - Merged Post - - -

I dunno what u would call it in banglore but its that kind of 'pudiya' inside which tambakoo is mixed