1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Actually they have showed me the wire which is got impacted due the rat bite.it is the camshaft sensor wire..now he wants to check thoroughly if other part is being impacted or not..being a complete novice in auto engineering i just could not argue..but I will call them up and ask them before proceeding to detail lets fix the camshaft sensor wire and see if there is any more error..
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ouch. I didn't know that you've witnessed the cut wiring.

The labour rate is pretty exorbitant. Will they be taking the dashboard out entirely to check the wiring harness?
  3. So.. I'm not the only person to get this rat trouble!!! I've had all my papers in the glove box eaten up by a guy who got in there through the engine compartment. And just before an interstate drive when i checked to ensure my papers are all there I found them in bits and pieces along with rat shit.. :shock:
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    How did the rat get there in the first place? I thought the cabin was sort of sealed !
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Yah Guruji..they want to make sure "nothing else" got impacted..called them today to change the camshaft sensor wire and check if the error is still there.if it is no longer I asked them to not to open anything else...i will update you on the progress..
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Beyond a point TASS will not do any concession in labour rate. It seems that TATA and all TASS have decided of late to make money thro' labour. In most of the cases, labour charges are much more than the spare part cost which is being changed.
  7. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Got the car back..so far driven 25 odd kms..no error msg and engine starts well..they have repaired the cable which was cut (camshaft sensor cable) by rats using some clips as per the bill...charged me total 3.2K including complete wire mess check and a scanner test plis labor.
    SA was chaitanya..however no more issue found as per him...finger crossed
    is that clip method a suggested one?
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Why I am not able to post anything?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Forum's Spam Filter is a very over-enthusiastic soldier. Sometimes it shows normal posts by members as Spam. Hence the inconvenience.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

As long as the repair was done right, no cause for worry. Plenty of cars run around with patched up harnesses without any issues.

Because the only other option is - replacing the entire harness or part of harness ( if it is in parts). And THAT will be expensive, very.
  10. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello everyone,

With the discussion to the rat menace, even i am facing the same problem. I am using the recirculation mode when i park the car. But when i wake up in the morning, i see some dirt caused by the rat. How is it possible for the rat to enter despite using the recirculation mode??? Does it have any other ways such as the rear foot level AC vents?? Also when the fan is switched on, bad smell is evident. Please help me out ASAP...

Thanks in advance