1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to get rid of RAT MENACE (from damaging the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @sungoa2010, Is it the only way where rats can enter inside???
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    One possible way according to maruti service person. In my case I kept the car in fresh air mode. I don't know about other possibilities. There are lot of wires that go from cabin to outside. So it is not impossible for them to enter. Can some one throw more light in to it?
  3. 1 person likes this.
  4. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ cvanandh, thank you!!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Guys any other possibilities for the rats to enter inside other than AC vents??? Please help me out.....
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like you didn't go through the thread mentioned above by Anandh, did you?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please search before creating new thread.
  7. Hey Deepak, you need to worry since you found rat excreta in your car there are high probabilities they might come in again and might feast on some wires.Use Rat spray that is available in hardware stores(if you need the name i can check and tell) or in car accessories shop,it will cost approx 200 bucks,just spray it inside the engine compartment and that should do it,for few tension free months.Dont try MORTEIN RAT KILL or any other tablets and stuffs,because they love eating them.I had a very bitter experience with this rat menace and had to sell off my santro.
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    RAT Bites hard

Hello All,
    My 4 months old T-JET+ started showing "check engine error" on Mid today.It also takes an effort to crank it while starting.Dropped the baby to the Pundit auto TASS.TASS checked the car with scanner and comes with a rat bite cause.
    As per them the rat bite is not covered under warranty.Thus labor charge of 4500INR + spares will be billed.He wants to check entire wire mesh thus labor is 4500.
    He also told me that it might be worst if ECU or some "PMU" needs to be changed.
    This is a shocker to me and not sure what to do..any advice guys?
    Can insurance make it covered?
    A quick search says it is not.
    However please enlight to tackle this situation with less dent to pocket.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

note: the error in scanner shows as p0340 as phase sensor error.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Please call up other dealers and explain the problem..and see what do they offer
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ask them to stop fooling around and just check the sensors on the engine. Especially the phase sensor/camshaft sensor.

I don't know if they'll like your telling them what to do. I once had a heated argument with an ''expert'' at TASS just because he didn't like being told what to do. I told him that he knew jack shit about the problem. LOL.

Cheers.