1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How To Fix Number Plate Light ERROR?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by xgillx, Nov 14, 2010.

1. xgillx

xgillx

Punjab
    Yesterday i got new 'white led number plate lights' installed in my punto ..
    after that when i checked the speedometer there was an error saying "CHECK NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS"
    How can i Fix this error .. is it possible to fix it ?
  2. Since LED lights take far less current than the incandescent bulbs, the system inside thinks that the bulb has blown. Try connecting the original lamps also in parallel, in a way not to expose its light.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Clevermax,

Wont fitting a parallel make the system think that excess power is being drawn by the lamp socket and still show error ??

abdul
  4. I guess not.. the LED array will take only a fraction of current that the other one takes... It's worth trying; that's what I have to say.
  5. xgillx

xgillx

Punjab
    clevermax

i tried connecting original lamps in parallel , still showing error !
    i there any other way .. is there any wire connected to the bulb sockets which sends information .. can i try removing that wire ?
    but i dont know which wire is it ..
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I wouldn't suggest removing the wire.. that will complicate the issue. Try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. There is a thread explaining how to do that.
  7. Did you click on the option "Scan for hardware changes" in device manager after you connected the bulb in parallel?
    [attachment=0:3a8xf6qi]hwchng.png[/attachment:3a8xf6qi]

Never mind I'm just messing with ya... :lol: ::V :roll:

May be you can try resetting the ECU as Roy suggested, but I am not sure what's wrong.. Any wires got cut accidentally while installing?

hwchng.png