1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Ensure OIL Filter is changed during service

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by SHASHANKREDDY, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine is Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion pack and during my recent 15K service done at Concorde, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad fuel filter was replaced with a one that don't have a sensor Part No. is 0059116319 and description is "FUEL FILTER WITHOUT SENSOR DSL" and amount charged is Rs.1615.72. Is fuel filter with sensor available?

I am along with my vehicle during this service.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    mvb4u one doesn't need the Fuel Filter with sensor if the sensor of the old fuel filter is functioning properly and not damaged. The sensor is detachable part and can be removed and attached to fuel filter which is without sensor.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I Enquired same with Service Personnel.. He does'nt know the capacity of engine. For clarification i enquired with one of my friend who own
    emotion pack. To my surprise they charged same for him i.e 4 litres. How ethical is it????
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It is not ethical. Concorde Motors charged me for 3.5 litres of Selenia K during the fourth paid servicing of my Linea. Click here for details. If they charged for 4 litres, you are entitled to ask for the balance quantity.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    you can always check the owners manual for this. Sump capacity is 3.2 litres. Do read the owners manual
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The sump capacity is 3.3 litres in case of Linea 1.4 FIRE as per the owner's handbook. The SA informed me of this and the engine oil was poured in my presence until it reached the maximum level after pouring the entire 3.5 litres.
  7. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the info Shashank.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So, They detach the sensor of the old filter and fit the same for the new one. Thank you, for clarification

1.3MJD engine oil sump capacity is 3.2 Ltrs during filter change and 3.0 Ltrs without filter change.

But concorde guys poured 3.5 Ltrs and oil level is above the high mark.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012