1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to drive a brand new car on highway?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Aviator, Oct 13, 2012.

1. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi

When r u driving to mumbai?

Have you finalised on the route?There are lots of posts on BMCtouring.com and Indiamike on the route. I plan to do a Delhi - Goa - Delhi sometime in November.
    Would it possible for you to take the notes on the driving direction and the general road condition. This info would help me later.

2. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No worries brother, i will definitely share as much information as i can regarding the trip. I have some unfinished work here and i think i will be done in a week and will leave in next 8-9 days. I think i will take NH-8 (Delhi - Jaipur - Ajmer - Beawar - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Vadodra - Surat - Mumbai) but i will also check out the websites you mentioned. I have heard that NH-8 is a fun highway to drive on. I will be also using a GPS navigation (Google Navigation) to be on safe side.

For Goa i will suggest NH-8 till Mumbai and NH-4 thereafter. It will be around 2200-2300 KM. On long trips i always try to stick to highways and avoid state highways or local roads.

By the way, what have you planned till now?? Will u be cruising with your Punto??

3. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Hi Team, I have tried to find appropriate thread and found this thread. Is there any specific rule/care when we drive in Highway? Since I got comments from my friends as there are some set of rules need to follow in highways than our normal drive. But they don't know the specific answer for that. Am I missing anything or they confusing me? Any input on this?

I found this in TBHP mods please remove this if needed.
    ARTICLE: Safe Driving on Indian Highways & Ghats - Team-BHP