1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to contact Fiat for a Factory visit?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by limraj, May 13, 2016.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Most likely I would be in Pune with my Linea on 19th or 20th of this month and would like to visit Fiat's factory. How would I inform Fiat about this and schedule an entry for me and family?
    Or can I just walk in?

Factory visit thread was locked and I could not find info otherwise. Hence this question.
    Thank you.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I visited the factory on 20th May, Friday.
    One can go there and speak to the location security, they will send you to administrative officer, one Mr. Col. Rathod. Once he is convinced that you are a fiat fan, rest they will arrange.
    We were treated with light refreshments and vehicles were provided to their power train factory.
    Fiat's car factory is closed or is working with less load to facilitate a construction to manufacture Jeeps (I saw a Grand Cherokee on test, no camouflage, Jeeps are expected to start production soon).
    If you want to avoid the hassle of waiting at reception/security etc, you may contact milind dot kale at fiapl dot com to schedule a visit. Milind is from HR.
    Please be aware that the manufacturing lines work only from 6AM to 4PM, so it is preferred to arrive at the factory in the morning session.
    They are also constructing a test track that is 1.5km long.
  3. urvish21

urvish21 Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    I did not know that one can visit Fiat factory for no apparent reason. If that is possible, I too will plan a visit along with my 3 year old son who like his father likes a Fiiiat car.
    How about a bunch of people from the team fiat family visit the Fiat factory. Monsoons are approaching and the whether in monsoons is to die for in Pune and vicinity.
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @limraj Great you figured out how to visit Fiat factory this will help me and others for the visit . Thank you
    limraj likes this.
  5. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    Wow I too didn't know that Fiat allows its Fan's to have a factory visit that easily. Thanks @limraj for the info. The idea of a group visit during the monsoon sounds great. It would be great if the Jeep also start to rollout by then.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    The facility for Jeep manufacturing is about 80% complete. I'm guessing from the fairly distant views I had from the car which took us around.
    It is unlikely that start of production of Jeeps would be by monsoon. Towards year end is almost certain. I can't confirm, though.
    If any one is planning a visit to see Jeeps in actual production, probably next year would be good.
    PradeepM likes this.