1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Clean pollen filter?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Prabu, Jun 3, 2010.

1. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Probably early April 2013, as they have stopped indenting parts from Hitec City workshop.

- - - Merged Post - - -

For my car AC, the O rings were faulty as there as slow leakage of gas. Tejaswi fixed it. The air from vents feels colder then before. Yet to test on a hot day after parking in sun. O rings, compressor oil, and gas were charged.
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car also had this issued but it was fixed just by tightening the o ring nut and refilling gas. Why they changed compressor oil in your case?
  3. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Don't know the technical reason for oil change. But it was a small cost within 100 rupees for oil. Total cost was around 1900. Car had issue with wiper water pump which was not being solved for last 3 months, and I had escalated to FIAT for that. I guess, just to be sure that AC gets fixed in one go to avoid another escalation, they changed the O rigs as well.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my case, o ring nut was tightened with proper torque and re-filled the gas, all this was done absolutely free of cost and nothing had been charged from. Don't know why they charged Rs.1900/- from you.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Punto Active Pollen filter cleaning is pretty easy. Open the glove box and peep through it you will find one plastic bracket. Gently pull towards your side and the filter is visible. For past 1 month my i felt that CAR A/C is not working properly atleast Blower. So i have tried myself to open it and succeeded and yes lot of debris (mostly tree leaves ) was there on Pollen filter. Now my car freez fast than earlier :)
  6. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Here is the breakup
    AC Gas - 550
    Sealing Gaskets (2) - 207
    Compressor Oil - 26
    Gas filling charges - 550

They also charged 550 for fitting bumper. Not sure if this was for AC work or for replacing the wiper water pump.

- - - Merged Post - - -

By the way, the AC is good now. Cools good even when its 40 degrees outside.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Labour charges are too high,looks like FIATis leaving it to dealer.I would like to see a chart on charges like in a MS service station.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Dealers are charging as they wish for labor. When you start arguing about high labor, they (some dealers) reduce it too. It will be good if they can put up a chart displaying labor charges for various works. Helps all.
    1 person likes this.
  9. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Hyundai workshop (at-least the one I go to) prominently displays labor charges in the reception area. A good practice FIAT can also start doing. Once when I protested for high labor at TASS, they did reduce it.

Many a times one does not have choice to to protest on labor charges, specially when you are unable to go to workshop and the car is delivered to you. Invoice has already been generated. Perhaps there are other higher priority things going on.
  10. Saran9140

Saran9140

India
    Linea 1.3 MJD - AC Filter Location

Hi TFI Members. I recently bought a used Fiat Linea and wanted to change the filters and oil. I changed the engine oil, Oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, etc, with the help of my brother who worked with FORD.

But we are clueless on where the AC filter is located. We tried to remove the pannel on both sides of the centre console but couldnt find the location of the AC Filter.

Can you guys help me with this? Should we remove the dashboard to change the AC filter as in Fiesta?

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited: May 7, 2014