1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Clean pollen filter?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Prabu, Jun 3, 2010.

1. I got two of paper filters for my car but it needs to plastic encasing to fit it to pollen filter bay, where do i can get the plastic encasing?
    P.S: I am sensitive fine dust that is the reason why i want to revert back.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Why AC on? will it not put too much load on AC compressor?
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Sat for the plastic encasing why not use the existing filter plastic encasing ?You can cut the mesh & try some sort of DIY stuff. The mesh filter is not much costly & so you can cut it without any bad feelings :).

Is the load going to be that different when we use it in ON position for a minute ? My point was when the car is parked under hot sun, even the cooling coil tends to get hotter & when we start the fan alone you can feel hot air gushing out of the vents. So if we switch on the A/c it gets cooled fast. Else it will be recirculating the heat trapped inside the dash board area. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is just my thought.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  3. Cutting mesh filter is good idea.Thanks for the tip

I ussaly just down the all the four windows to half and drive for few minutes and later swich on AC that cools the car in quickly.hot air in the recirculating mode will make the ac colent to evaporate. i used do it your way in my old car but had to fill AC gas once 6 months and AC compressor went kaput twice second time it was out of warranty i had to pay from pocket. but in Punto I haven't filled the gas in 3+ years.I also make sure i switch off AC before opening any door or window.
    I am not sure that is right way at least it seem to be working for me.
    3 people like this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Thanks Sat. You have written from your previous experience & that counts. Point noted ::T.
  5. I just spoke to SA Gopal of Concorde, he told me there is no need for plastic encasing paper element just needs to inserted in the as per the arrow mark on the paper filter.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Try contacting Zip Filters Delhi they make Pollen Filter(paper type) for Linea and Punto Automotive Filters Manufacturing, Automotive Filters Manufacturers, Automotive Filters Manufacturers Delhi
    Original pollen filter didn't have any plastic casing, it just goes in the slot for it.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. I already got two of them, I will keep it in mind when i need replacement.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I follow similar procedure if the car is parked in Sun for long time.
    1. First, lower all the windows
    2. Drive for 2-3 minutes
    3. Turn on AC
    4. Close all the windows

That way it cools faster.
  9. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Opening windows and closing after few minutes. Yes that helps. Usually it's only me in the car, so I have also tried closing all other vents except the two close to steering. this increases the air flow around the driver seat.

Will try getting the gas checked.

Tejaswi in HITEC City Hyderabad is TASS. FIAT exclusive still operated by Tejaswi will be operational from next month in Jubilee Hills.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Any confirmed date of commencement of service centre operation by Tejaswi?