1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Clean pollen filter?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Prabu, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The pollen filter ... is it placed in the same location in Emotion & Emotion pack .? In emotion pack, it is behind the glove box and you need to remove the blue & me so as to access it. Is there any filter on the central console down on the right hand side near to the clutch pedal ??
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Here is the video guide to clean pollen filter

@R Alavandar now the filter is made of wiremesh so can be cleaned as many as times as you want and costs Rs 48/- earlier the filter was paper type and costed approx 250/-
    3 people like this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ Vijay..sorry no link for video in your post. I hope the video which you meant to show was that of an emotion pack right .?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    johy and johnny like this.
  5. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

Chennai
    Well, Vijay, thanks for the videos.
    1. I got this filter changed about seven months back in my Linea at about 16000 km. As I said for 45/- and we agree on that. Point is I had seen the new filter and it is essentially a throw away type paper filter, as I recollect. In the 15000 km servicing they did not renew the original fitted pollen filter despite my complaint about AC. Later when I insisted, on next visit they renewed it. I had seen both old and new filters. The old one was wire mesh and paper type with lower micron size, as I could make out. The new filter is throw away type paper filter (and with higher micron size) and hence is cheap. The mechanic also stated that filter was out of stock and so they did not change it at 15000 km despite my complaint. They just cleaned it and it was ineffective. With new type filter, I have observed that the dash was getting some fine dust deposit than in the first 15000 km (now I am at 21000 km).
    2. In my 28 years experience as a mechanical/marine engineer it is always prudent to renew a use and throw filter. Cleaning and using is inviting trouble.
    3. If both of us are correct in our observation, it means Fiat is using different items at the same place depending upon which lot is available at that point of time.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    In Emotion there is no need for any tools. Just remove the glovebox and you can see the container for the pollen filter. It takes hardly 5 mins to clean the pollen filter
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ohkk..Thank you very much Soccerfan :) Planning to try it out this weekend..
  9. I tried it today in my Dynamic MJD.No need even to remove the glove box.I just opened it,saw the filter cover and removed it to see that my car has a wire mesh filter.Removed it and i saw a lot of small leaves and debris.Cleaned it and put it back.it is just great now in terms of cooling.
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3