1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to Clean pollen filter?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Prabu, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Cleaning pollen filter

Does this Pollen Filter is present in all the cars? What is it meant for?
    I never heard this filter for any other car.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

It is available in other cars also like I20, Sonata, Merc and others also. But it is not present in all cars.
    Earlier it was present in high end cars only but now it has starting appearing in smaller cars also.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Guys I was able to find the Pollen Filter today. It's just a 2 min job. You just need a Torx Screwdriver to remove the Blu N Me unit and there's no need to remove glove box. Don't know the exact size of Torx screwdriver but it is there in 41 PC toolbox which is available on Ebay etc.
    1. Unscrew the two screws holding Blue N Me and keep the Blue N Me in to the Glove box no need to remove wires
    2. There will be a small black cover which holds Pollen Filter behind which is just behind where the Blue N Me was fixed
    3. Just release that cover using some force
    4. Remove the Pollen Filter but remember how it was fixed there
    5. Now blow pressurized air using vacuum cleaner OR tap it against the wall to remove the dust.
    6. Put the Filter back into its place (with Air Flow facing downwards)
    7. Put the black cover back into it's place.
    8. There is a hook behind Blue N Me which needs to placed in a hole. Place that hook into it's hole.
    9. Fit the screw back and be proud of yourself that you did such a great work without messing anything in the car.
    Will post the video on how to do it when I clean it next time. It gets dirty really quick it was full of dust in just 1000 km's of driving with recirculation mode on. Also it had lots of hair of my dog lol..

For model without Blue N Me you just need to follow steps 2,3,4,5,6,7. Ignore all other steps and you don't need any tools also.

Note:- Do this only if you are confident of yourself. Don't blame me for anything if anything goes wrong. However there's very less probability of anything going wrong.
    SanketGajane likes this.
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

Hi Vijay,
    Can you post some pictures? please...

--Rajeev
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

vijay your tip was so helpful that i ran to my car and cleaned the filter straight away. i own a dynamik pack petrol linea. thanks for the help it was really helpful. just by the way of information my filter was not that dirty considering i live in a very dusty area and has done 6500 kms.
  6. rahat

rahat Timido

Mumbai

Hi Vijay, please upload the video to see exactly the procedure to clean pollen filter. it will help us.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

rahat I have made the video and would post them tonight or tomorrow morning.
    The videos are a little over 1 GB in size so would take time to get uploaded on youtube.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    8 people like this.
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Cleaning pollen filter in emotion and lower variants is a 2 mins job and needs no tool. Just remove the glove box and u have access to the pollen filter holder.
    open the holder. take out the filter. dust it and put it back.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Hey Vijay, Thanks and brilliant effort for making and sharing the video! Gr8 stuff, I'm sure many members will be more confident enough to do, on is own after watching this video.