1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to clean leather upholstery in Linea

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Swaminathan.B.S, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Swaminathan.B.S

Swaminathan.B.S Timido

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys,

Need a suggestion here. I have the below wrinkles/ dirt in my leather seats. Not sure on how to get it fixed. Google doesn’t give me appropriate answers and I see suggestion to go for dry wash/ chemical cleaning etc. not sure if it is safe to be opted. Any suggestions on this please? Any way to get my seat condition near to perfect?

upload_2015-9-11_14-17-30.png
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I use shampoo water,scrubbing with soft brush its effective.
  3. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Even I am facing the same issue. I will raise this issue with FASS.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Swaminathan I have a similar seat cover on my car, I use Sonax Leather cream and I see good results post application.
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Try getting hold of APC - All Purpose Cleaner, dilute it to 1:10 or higher ratio. Use the diluted mixture to spray on the leather and clean it.

PS: Do not use the concentrate irrespective of how bad the dirt or the stains are.
    ramjn and ghodlur like this.
  6. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    There are tons of videos on youtube on how to clean your leather/fabric seats, and also there are tons of brands/products too. Just google bro.

In India, there are "3M", "Chemical guys/smartwax from pete's", SONAX, and a ton of other quality brands you can buy and do it yourself.

If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, take the car to a car detailer shop like 3M's or search for local interior cleaning companies, they do door step servicing too.
    ramjn likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Be careful to not use any concentrated chemicals. As said by @rider16, 3M car care has interior cleaning packages (for leather upholstery) available. May be bit expensive but if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, I would recommend them.