1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

how to change the bulb inside the lighter ring

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Nightfury, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi guys..
    any one tried to change the small rice bulb under the lighter ring .. mine is not working .. really don't want to go to the fass for this.. please put in some replies quick .::pP
  2. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am also waiting someone should reply pls... mine also not working for long time now...:anyone
  3. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    You need to open the whole central console to replace it, also the bulb is not a normal bulb. I got it changed yesterday only.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Mine had stopped working after i got ICE done,i got a replacement bulb,and the electrician just took out the power socket and installed the bulb.
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    For mine they did open the whole console, it was done in front of me.
  6. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As it'll going to be a DIY.. so can any of you post a pictorial flow.. or atleast the procedure to open that center piece.. If not even pictorial,can anyone just confirm how many/where are the screws bolt and locks which are to be unscrewd or unlocked to open that piece of panel :anyone
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  7. In my car this light is not working for more than a year. The TAFE guys followed by RDC guys, told me the whole set (Cigar lighter) has to be replaced, the bulb alone is not available. When are these service center guys (not only fiat) gonna learn honesty... Well I too will give a try for the DIY to change the buld.
  8. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did it some how ;)

steps I followed..

1. open the gear boot. you will find some foam padding inside u can your fingers to push it down and get access to the bulb

2.now (this pic is just for an indicative purpose) now pull the black holder downwards . the bulb with come along with it. Its a T1.5 wadge based bulb 2. watts (same are used in the third break light too) 27230lg.jpg

P.S.

punto's OEM lighter bulb holder dose'nt have those red and black wire .. instead it has two naked metal connectors which are suppose to touch original lighters two poles to get the current.. for this you might have to rotate the whole orange bezel so the connectors come in touch to the lighters poles (this is what happened in my case , mu bulbs were fine just the connectors went out of place)
    3 people like this.
  9. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks NightFury, Can you attach the First Pic again. Not able to open attachment. On click it gives an error
  10. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    here you go..
    aaaa.JPG
    3 people like this.